the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne smiled softly to herself as the other mare fell against her, happy that what she could offer as comfort – a touch, a body to lean on – was welcomed. She let Kahlua stay there as long as she needed to and gave the mare another soft nudge as they separated. Everything was going to be fine, that touch said, and Alysanne believed it. After the introductions were made, Kahlua seemed to be calming down – at least for another moment until she explained the reasons for those tears, and oh were they justified.

They are joined as Kahlua spoke by a third “horse” – and though Alysanne had seen a lot of strange and wonderful things in Nocturne nothing quite compared to this stallion and the… creature on his back. The stallion at least reminded her of the unicorns she had known, but less frail and certainly with more horns, but she couldn’t summon a comparison for the creature. She had never seen a griffin before – she did not even know that was the term for it. It really was a ball of hair with wings! She shuffled a bit, making room so that they could all address one another easily, already liking the new additions and his warm smile that was mirrored on her own face.

How fortunate she felt, in that moment! To be surrounded by such wonderful new friends.

To Kahlua, she echoed the stallion’s consolations with a soft expression. “I’m so sorry about your friend, my dear.” There was more she could say, though words would not bring Antheia back and she did not want to make Kahlua more upset by dwelling on the topic… especially while it was so fresh. So she focused instead on the second part of what was troubling the mare. “And that’s awfully rude of him! Silly bird. Do they hurt? You know, they really don’t look so bad.” She offered, truthfully. Perhaps she was a little biased; it was so easy to find something beautiful about everything that grew from the earth. “I can…” Oh no, wait. She had discovered during her journey that her healing powers had left her upon leaving Nocturne, much to the detriment of the young injured fawn she had happened upon. This memory caused her offer to see if she could heal away the fungus to die on her tongue.

But maybe she had another way of helping – the little fungal blooms brought to mind lessons that her father had given her as a foal. “But you know what fungus doesn’t like? Dry heat. Bask in the sun for a bit and maybe they’ll be gone!” That was, if it was ordinary fungus and not some magical species. For Kahlua’s sake, Alysanne hoped that they would not be plaguing her for too long.

The rest of the introductions were made, and a delighted smile returns to the black and white mare’s face. “It’s very nice to meet you, Blitzen. And you as well, Comet.” Was it common for those here to have such a kinship with other animals? Her initial impression that this Helovia was going to be similar to her home may be quite far off indeed. Emerald eyes foundd it hard to look away from the unknown creature but she turned to Blitzen with a question, her voice soft and cautious. “I’m terribly sorry if this is rude of me, but what exactly is Comet?”

The subject of a home is breached and Alysanne realized quite quickly that she was being recruited - definitely not an altogether terrible thing. She was smart enough to realize she could stand a better chance with a herd. She had learned, not so very long ago, what it could cost to wander into strange lands alone. There were scars, physical (though hidden by her wings) and mental from that mistake. The nightmares had followed her all across the world and she longed for the comfort of friendly faces.

Surely there were no nightmares waiting for her in the lands that housed the friendly faces before her now! “You’re both so wonderfully nice! And your homes sound so amazing. I suppose I am looking for a home. I mean I have one, but it’s rather far off and I don’t really know how to get back there. Somewhere to stay, at least for a little while, would be amazing.” But how could she choose? They were both so nice. Though of course, or at least she hoped, following one was not a lifetime commitment and she might still be able to be friends with the other. Perhaps there was more she could ask, more to learn about this strange place. “What are the herds like here? Where I come from there were ranking systems and we were divided on our strengths – mostly whether you were of the ability to be a warrior or not.”

Not forgetting the colt – everyone was important – she grinned at him and asked him, “What about you, Dust, do you have a home?” Wondering if perhaps he too had another herd and another land to introduce to the conversation.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Cypress - 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM