the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Usually Kahlua was the bright and happy face, the light at the end of the tunnel for a sad neighbor. She was thankful that she had found a mare in this land that was as happy to play that role. It gave Kahlua the strength that she wanted, that she needed, to continue on this day. The chorus of apologies and thoughts that were directed her way from the mare, colt and the suddenly arrived, jingling stallion helped her. As she was a little selfish, the round of pity from her friends did not put her off. She rather enjoyed being the center of attention, though she would have given anything to have it be for another reason.

Taking a moment to actually look over to the stallion, Kahlua was surprised to see just how massive he was. She had heard the heavy steps coming towards them all, but have never expected to see something of his size. Her shock and fright stopped any tears that were threatening to fall. His voice sounded kind, and she nodded as he repeated her name, but she could not help but to watch him warily. Ever since the invasion of the unicorns from the north, Kahlua had been uneasy around those with pointed heads. How was she to know who was good and who was not? She was just a simple child. Besides that, the gryphon perched upon his shoulders only served to make the man look more massive. The actual bird did not bother her, for there was a gryphon that wandered the Edge freely, but the fact that this one would ride upon the stallion's back was disconcerting.

However, after a few moments of the stallion speaking, Kahlua let her distrust of the horned man go. There were too many thoughts whirling about in her head, and the girl often had fleeting feelings anyway. Besides, her new friend was advising her on the mushrooms. “No, they don't hurt,” she offered then continued to listen. She was no plant weaver and the idea that Aly knew something about the mushrooms was heartening. Bask in the sun for a bit, she offered and Kahlua took no time in shifting herself so that a ray of sun would land right upon her fungus garden. “Thank you,” she smiled, and with the warming of her skin she already felt like the toadstools were unhappy. Yes, perhaps this would work after all!

Returning her attention to the others of her group, Kahlua repeated the names of everyone present in her head several times. It provided a distraction from thinking about Antheia, and it was a habit of hers anyway. As the massive brute described his home, Kahlua nodded in knowing. She had visited the land not too long ago, and beautiful did not begin to describe it. Of course, she had a special place in her heart for the misty woods of the Edge. As Aly finished her questions, Kahlua took the opportunity to speak. “The World's Edge, where the Qian live, is a misty forest that ends in the back on a cliff. There are jobs for all, if you want one, though we don't have to have one.” For a moment her mind shifted back to Antheia. Perhaps.... No. She shook her head clean of the thought. She had to learn to deal with the death, or it would haunt her forever.

“We have warriors, as you mentioned. There are also herbalists, scholars and information gatherers. I am a Glazier, the head of the crafters.” She smiled at the thought. She was proud of her accomplishment and was not afraid to let it show. “We are led by Mirage the Dragon Heart, who can take the form of her name, and Thor the Gentle Heart. They are kind and fair.” She hoped the mention that Mirage could become a dragon would not frighten the girl off. She was beginning to like her quite a lot. Turning then to the colt, she finished. “This is the Threshold, Dust. Are you looking for a home as well?” She almost regretted asking, but then... she always did talk too much.

OOC| Sorry for the wait, school's been busy. Please don't tag me. Thank you!
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM