the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Though she was far from home, Alysanne was enraptured by the moment. The peace of the forest, of the sunlight filtering down through the trees and the dappled patches of light dancing with the faint breeze, mingled with the joy of new friends. This was what she loved so much.

Never one to be cautious, to fear that there might be something more sinister waiting for her in Helovia, Alysanne privately rejoiced in her good fortune – the celebration leeching into her bright green eyes, illuminating them with a warm smile.

Blitzen kindly explained that Comet was a griffin, a word she had never heard before for a creature she could have never imagined. No one else seemed quite as surprised as her, so perhaps she had just been living in a rather sheltered world. Luckily enough, the unknown did not frighten her. To the discovery of Comet’s species and to the idea that there were stranger things about, she exclaimed “How wonderful!”

Oh even if she were only here for a week it would undoubtedly be a wondrous one. So much to learn!

The freedom to converse and consider her choices without pressure was a wonderful thing. How lucky was she! Everything was going smoothly, and she was simply spoiled for choice. It might make it easier if one of them had been boorish – though Alysanne would never wish for that. It delighted her that the sweet Kahlua and warm-eyed Blitzen (and quiet little Dust) were her first impressions of this land. Helovia seemed so wonderful and she had met some fantastic faces so far – she would never forget those who were in her company right now.

How silly she must sound! But the love she felt for strangers and acquaintances was a wonderful thing.

“Oh no, I don’t feel pressured at all. It’s becoming quite clear that I’ve found myself in a land that’s quite different than where I come from.” Strange creatures that were companions to the equids, what other magic was lurking behind the seemingly-normal Threshold that she was standing in now. It was frightening but in a way that made her excited. Alysanne remained hopeful that she might receive news that gave her some indication of where she could find Nocturne in relation to Helovia, but for now she was happy to explore this place and discover all the enchanting things that kept everyone here. “Both of your homes sound so lovely. A peaceful place is just what I need. I don’t know how long I’m going to be here… but it would be nice to have somewhere to stay.” She missed Nocturne but it was the faces that she had met there that she truly missed.

Could Helovia become a second home to her?

It was a difficult choice, to be sure, especially since she would have no idea whether either would be a fit for her unless she went there and got to know everyone else well – which could take a long time. And she was so tired of wandering, so ready for a little bit of stability while she got her bearings.

“I think I would like to accompany Kahlua to World’s Edge.” She smiled warmly at the other black and white mare but her attention turned quickly to Blitzen. It truly pained her to have to turn down any invitation, especially one so kindly offered, so perhaps there was a way to avoid rejection - because that word was far too harsh for this situation. “But I would like to visit you in the Foothills sometime soon, if I may?” She worried very much about offending one of her new friends so early on.

And what about Dust? He seemed interested in learning about the other herds; perhaps he would want to see them all before he made a decision. He was young but she was not his mother, she could not make this decision for him. Still, she could offer a choice. “Dust, you can come with me if you would like.” The choice was, ultimately, his own. But like Blitzen, she hoped that she might see him again in the future.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Cypress - 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM