the Rift

[OPEN] Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
By the time the mare woke on day 4, the sun was already well above the horizon. She had slept too long, but she had needed it. The poor girl had been practically exhausted by the night of the third day, working as tirelessly as she had been. At awaking so late, she actually felt somewhat refreshed and was glad the others had let her sleep. Not wanting to seem lazy in front of her queen and herd, she forced herself to rise. She found that some of her strength had returned to her and she was ready to face the day again. At the back of her mind, mere whispers of thoughts of Antheia were awakening as well. Not wanting to deal with the depression, as she never wanted to think of it, Kahlua immediately began thinking of walls again.

Looking to her left, Kahlua noted the length of the wall that she had built. It had come quite a ways, as even as she looked at it now the very start of it (that jutted up against the solid edge of a mountain and would be impassible) was no longer visible to her eyes. A sense of pride that she should have built something as this welled up inside of her, daring to inflate her ego. But as she looked to her right, Kahlua knew there was still much more to do. Her lady queen had cleared quite a way ahead of her already today and beyond that there were only more trees. But if Mirage could keep working, keep her dragon form and burn the trees without complaint, then Kahlua could do the same of building the wall.

Picking up where she had left off, the mare took a deep breath and called upon the mists. Again they twisted and turned and piled up and solidified into frosted glass. Again, there were clear areas every so often, for viewing of the outside world. Again the spikes jutted out towards the outlands to impale any horses that tried to jump over the thing. Again, there were bracers along the inside to prevent the wall from tipping over from its own weight. The monstrous creation was certainly not beautiful, but it was functional. That was all that mattered. At least, Kahlua hoped it would be functional. If there was a flaw in the creation, if the monsters of the north found some way to bypass or step over the wall it would be useless. Still, Mirage had said nothing about the creation's functionality.... it must be right.

Day four- her lengthened sleep gave her the necessary energy to battle with the wall. She tried to sleep, drink and eat more often than she had in the last three days. If she killed herself before the thing was finished, her death would be in vain. She did not want to die anyways. Day five- she looked around, hoping Resplendence would come to her. Or Smoke. Surely one of them would have some revitalizing herbs for her. They were not there, though... She looked to her queen and then the dragon creature. She spoke to Mirage. “Forgive me for asking, my queen... I'm afraid I'm no healer. I'd as soon kill myself as pick the right thing. Do you know of any plants for giving energy, or does your dragon? I think that all of us here could use such a boost...” She trailed off. It was mostly for selfish purposes that she asked, but it was true that all of them expending their energy and days in the heat would benefit from such greenery. Day six came and went, the same as the others. Eating, sleeping, drinking only when necessary. The wall was her life now.

OOC| This ends day six. If you join, feel free to say you were present from days 1-now because, of course, post order is a lie.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters] - by Kahlua - 10-20-2013, 09:41 PM