the Rift

[OPEN] Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

As promised, I made my way to the site of construction two days after the creation of my plow. The previous day, Suli and I had spent a good few hours figuring out just how to weave the skins of her kills through the slip-lock buckles and various rings, as well as around my chest, around my girth and over my back. If not for my patient mind, I might have grown just as frustrated as Suli had at our numerous trials and errors, but eventually, our work paid off and we came up with something that should work and last a long while.

The morning that Kahlua called for us, we were ready. With Suli's assistance I was harnessed and strapped to the plow, and wasted no time in setting off in the painted mare's direction which thankfully was not too far away. Behind me followed the plow, each sickle leaving shallow lines in the ground to mark my path as I went. I was surely a sight for sore eyes to most, wrapped with various skins and a glass thing attached to me, but in my mind, this was all too bittersweet. I was happy to be helping my brethren, assuring that our home would be much safer for years to come, but I couldn't quite shake a feeling of overwhelming sadness as I made my way to the others. When I had not been busy scouring the borders of Vallhea with Bran, we would oftentimes assist with the other essential needs of the village, such as plowing new croplands. My heart ached at the realization that I would be performing such a task again, but for once, I would not have my beloved boy at my side.

The first to capture my eye was the painted Glazier herself, to whom I flashed a smile and attempted to hide my infernal sadness away. The next I saw was our Queen in all of her golden, scaled glory, and she too earned a gentle smile from me as well as a short, chiming song from Suli as she flew higher into the skies as if intent on helping the Weyrleader out. As precious as the sight was, I couldn't bring myself to the laughter I might have normally displayed, and instead focused on the task at hand without a word.

Positioning myself at the appointed start of our wall, I assured that the sickles of the plow were dug as deeply into the ground as possible and waiting for the path ahead to be cleared. Mirage made it look all too easy as she grasped onto the trees and pulled them up from the earth, and only when I had a clear path did I lean into the thick hides stretched across my chest, and begin to pull the plow along behind me at a steady pace. The work would be arduous and tiring, but it would provide the wall a more even ground in which to be built upon, thus making it more steady. Suli had returned to me by now, realizing that she would only be a hazard to the much larger dragon clearing the way for us. Instead, the little green made herself usefull by picking up the rocks settled in my way, clutching them within her back claws and tossing them to one side to prevent them from catching in the plow.

"Speak."

[ooc - Feel free to interact with Des or ignore him. ^^]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invade This [Wall Crafting / Crafters] - by Destrier - 10-22-2013, 09:37 PM