the Rift

[PRIVATE] Seasons Come and Sanity Goes.

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Okay, so this was getting a bit ridiculous. Feritas thought as he tramped through water that rose up to the middle of his cannon bone. He snorted at the strange sensation, the colt was getting used to all sorts of things, exploring without his mother around was the best thing EVER. For the first time in a long time, he could do exactly as he pleased, and sure there had been a few close calls with predators, but he could run pretty fast and had yet to get caught.

The bronze dun shook out his short mane and bent down to drink some of the water around his hooves. His stomach ached, grumbling at him in it's complaints for milk. He sighed and turned his head to glance at his own barrel, nipping at it impatiently. "Yes, thank you. i am thoroughly aware that I am hungry and that I need to find a suitable mother to nurse off of soon. You know, you could just learn to deal with the grass I find." The young colt straightened his neck out and let his ears flop around so that he could take it the surrounding sounds of the swamp.

he was always hungry these days. He knew he was doing himself a disservice by going off on his own like this but he had not thought that searching for a new mother would take so long. Feritas snorted again, his breath causing the waters surface to ripple a second time. It was thanks to his concentration that he saw it.

The ripples surrounding a Water Moccasin as it slithered through the water towards him. Snorting again, he reared back and struck at the snake's head with his hoof. He felt the snake's skull catch under his hoof and the resulting crunch as it was crushed by his weight. He proceeded to trample the thing with loud splashes until he was sure it was dead and the water around his hooves was stained red with the snake's blood.

"Hmph! So there!" He nickered at the prone form of the snake's body now floating lifelessly in the water. Still, he wondered how many other snakes were nearby and instead of trying to find out, vacated the area quickly. He got to dry land and checked the bushes and tall grass for any other dangers he should know about before he laid down in a patch of grass and lowered his head to his folded knees. Rolling onto his side, the foal fell into a doze.

@[Histe], played by Ali.
<33

Messages In This Thread
Seasons Come and Sanity Goes. - by Feritas - 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Seasons Come and Sanity Goes. - by Histe - 10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Seasons Come and Sanity Goes. - by Feritas - 10-17-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Seasons Come and Sanity Goes. - by Histe - 10-18-2013, 12:03 AM