the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
How long had I been wandering?

It was a question I was unable to answer with a certainty. The passing of time had been confusing for me since the departure of my beloved Daryth. He was my rock, my soul, my companion who had been with me since I had discovered the magic that resided within me. He had departed with the Gods of Helovia, through the rift that had torn our world apart. Not even darkness had settled - it was more of a void that was left behind, both in my surrounds and within my heart. I had become numb to all around me, even the affections of my sister and parents did little to ease the sheer lack of feeling that existing within me.

But then the Moon returned, and with her, hints of magic touched the lands once more. I had rejoiced, along with everyone else, though my pleasure was short lived. Still, he did not return to me. Daryth was lost in the abysmal rift, and I feared that his bright little soul would never return.

Then, in the deep of the endless night, we were ushered by my uncle to the Dragon's Throat, to avoid the war that had come knocking at our doorstep. Only, the war had followed us there. Within the Throat, we had been safe, and when the time came to return home... I didn't. Through the wilds I travelled, alone, learning the ways of surviving on my own, mastering the art of flying, sometimes returning home to reassure my mother and father and sister that I was indeed, alive and well.

I remember the first dawn with sharp clarity. As the Sun had rolled off the golden sheen of my scales, I had basked in its glory. I revered in the existence of the Gods, all four of them alike, there was not one single one I prayed to more than the other three. I lived within the lands of the Moon, my own mother carried the night around with her in a bracelet upon her foreleg, and yet my scales shone like the Sun that had only recently returned to us, and deep within my belly, there was a fire that always kept me warm, though I knew not how to access it like my father. The Sun rose, and I felt it return, the magic that would summon Daryth back to me.

Only, he didn't return to me, even when I pleaded for him to. Two others came, their lights strange, new hues, a green and a brown. They sang, and their presences brought me joy, so I sang with them, encouraging their lights to stay with me forever and always, just as I had wished for Daryth to stay with me. Nyth was the green, her light as bright as the emerald grass that covers the grounds of the Thistle Meadow, and Samineuth was the rich brown, his hue reminding me of the cliffs that rimmed my home. I leapt to the skies and flew with them again today, happily immersed in their voices and songs, and it was from my vantage point near the heavens above us that I saw the fiery splendour of the Sun God meet the earth.

He was the only one I had seen in the flesh, if such immortals could be described as having flesh. To the Fields I pressed on, eager to behold his brilliance with my own golden gaze once more, eager to welcome his return to our lands, to thank him for his efforts - and perhaps even, eager to know if he knew of Daryth, and his whereabouts. But upon landing in the field, I found myself surrounded my many others who held similar ideals as myself - I vaguely recognised one of them from my stint in the Throat, and it was to her I gravitated, my head bowed as upon legs that were still growing, I wandered close. The dragon spirits that accompanied me were bold and brazen above me, singing their songs for all to hear - I could not help the hint of a smile upon my lips, such was the happiness they felt and pressed into me.

"It is wonderful to see you again," the voice she spoke with might have been curled with a hint of an accent from a land Amaris had never even visited. The way her mother spoke had influenced her own speech. She had been so young that time she last saw the Lord of the Light, she could not even remember speaking - it had been no wonder he looked over her then, she had been insignificant then, and even now, she didn't expect to be noticed by his wondrous gaze, but that didn't stop her from at least expressing her pleasure in seeing his return. Above her, the dragons performed a serenade to the Lord, spewing their flames forth into the skies, before spiralling down to settle their strange light-filled forms upon the golden dragon girl's back.

Quest Drop #8 denial
Wishlist
Would like this magic, though she is not aware of it..
:: [2- Magic: Light | Able to communicate her thoughts directly to all companions (with ooc permission).]
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Onni - 10-17-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Speirling - 10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Torleik - 10-17-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Circuta - 10-18-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Tandavi - 10-19-2013, 12:58 PM
RE: Quest Drop #9 Fire | Light - by Onni - 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM