the Rift

[OPEN] Singing in the Rain

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
Romani had finally come to him. Finally.

She had appeared that day in the World's Edge, but she was not happy, only sorrow. Xanthos had felt as if it was all his fault from the start, all his fault. His dainty yellow eyes, seemed low today, as the large raindrops hit his dun cloak. It usually never rained like this in Tallsun, but maybe the Sun God was wining, causing the light to fade away and the dark to arise. Though, the God had nothing to wince about, after all, he was a God. He had the whole universe lying inside his reach. So it was very unreasonable.

Azel could tell his master was upset, for he went from under the steed to on top of him, purring against his withers. "Don't worry about me little brother, for I am just fine." Xanthos told him, the cat tilting his head to the left side. "Do not lie to me. Remember, we share the same soul, I can feel what you feel." The feline's voice was more piercing than ever before. Azel had grown up a lot since Xanthos's leave, even if he was young, he had loyalty and strength inside him, keeping him from acting childish all the time. Plus, with the rain falling it didn't help. Azel didn't like the rain, in fact, he hated it. But Xanthos's could care less about the cool water pounding against his back, his thoughts were tied up in Romani's sad expression.

The stud carried on, his clefts dragging at the muddy ground and his eyes looking upon the river that he followed throughout the Heavenly Fields. He stopped, gazing into the waters carefully, looking into his own yellow-gold eyes. Xanthos wondered if he ever really belonged here, if it was even possible that he actually might mean something as a wraith at the World's Edge. Did Mirage even care if he was there or not? Would she realize if he left? Or would she even bother to look for the dun stud that she had rescued from the racist unicorn band? Probably not. Xanthos thought, gazing at himself a little harder before continuing on into a small cave where Azel jumped from his back, shaking the water from his fur.

While Xanthos began to dry, he saw a dark figure out in the middle of the field. Azel saw it too, but he only hissed, seeing the frame of a snake roll down the creature's body and seemingly disappear it what might be wings. Xanthos started to go see who might this be but decided otherwise, knowing that if the creature want to talk, it would come to him instead. For now, it was only enjoying the cool rain.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Singing in the Rain - by Gaucho - 10-19-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Xanthos - 10-27-2013, 02:32 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Cantante - 10-27-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Frost Fyre - 10-27-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Gaucho - 10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Xanthos - 10-29-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Frost Fyre - 11-02-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: Singing in the Rain - by Gaucho - 11-12-2013, 10:43 AM