the Rift

Winged Wraith

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
My uncles spoke of a damsel once, one whom they missed very much, and still do. They spoke of a maiden whom they would dance with, one who moved with all the elegance of moonlight itself. I would listen to their tales whenever they deigned to tell them, for my uncles were not inclined to speak without purpose. Mother spoke of her also, of the girl who was among the first to call themselves Qian by her side.

"But what happened to her, mother?"

"I do not know." With sadness she would always reply. "We prepared to take the Edge for ourselves, and she was nowhere to be seen. It was not like her to leave without a word.. I do fear that she was taken from us by those who would call themselves our enemies."

It was a sad story, one that I often wondered at the truth of. As I helped my mother build the wall alongside my uncles and sister and many other members of the herd, I found myself prone to wandering. I loved our home, truly I did, but I was the daughter of a mare who had wandered for most of her life, it was little wonder that the exploration bug had infected my veins, that I was more often then not found beyond the borders of our home. Akaith travelled with me sometimes, her presence a comfort to me even as I sang a quiet song to summon the soul lights of Nyth and Samineuth to my side. They rejoiced in their flight alongside the golden Akaith, Sam in particular glowing with a proud gleam, as if to impress the little queen.

I had to laugh at the antics of my beloved soul friends, though I did miss the strange dark, shadowy light of Daryth. Nyth comforted me, her quiet voice sounding patiently in my mind, murmuring sweet nothings that at least allowed my mind to focus on things other than the absence of my friend.

A shrill song sounded above, one of alarm and yet strangely enthusiastic. Akaith danced and whirled in the skies with Sam and Nyth, and within moments I was informed of what had excited her so. A friend, a friend! Nyth's voice sounded in my mind, as she grasped from Akaith the cause of the excitement. With quick steps I moved into a smooth canter, soon opening the folds of my leathery wings in a clearing of the Thistle Meadow, to take to the skies, and join the dragons on their journey to the Threshold. Akaith led us there, and behind me I could hear the deep, resonant bellowing of my mother's own draconic call, a joyous encouragement to me and my dragon kin.

I had not been to the Threshold before, at least, not on the ground. I had flown over it enough times to know its lay, but truly I hadn't ever had reason to meet new souls crossing into our lands before, nor had I any desire to place myself in unnecessary danger - though I had natural armour in the scales upon my hide, I was still only a fledgling that had just learned to use her wings.

I followed the golden beacon that was my mother's dragon, who had already descended from the heavens to greet a pale mistress with wings not dissimilar to my own. I sung to her, a sound part equine and part dragon, just like the blood that flowed through my veins. I landed, daintily upon slender legs, my elongated tail whipping to and fro with the action - the scythe upon my tail may have shorn the tops off some of the taller grass. My expression is guarded, though there is a softness to my brow that is reminiscent of both my parents. My frame is tall, not yet taller then my mother or father, but with the promise to reach and exceed. A careful smile curves my lips as I peer at this mare, my tiara tilted as I observed Akaith so enthusiastically chortling about her.

"Hello," I speak, my voice clinging to a lingering accent that I had subconsciously copied from my mother's lips. "I am Amaris," it was only Akaith's presence, alongside that of the two other glowing spirit lights nearby, that gave me such comfort, such motivation to proffer my calling. "Who are you?" It was the epitome of my curiosity pushing me to query the mare with such forward words - I felt that this was the maiden of moonlight my uncles spoke of, the creature of loyalty my mother remembered and yearned for. I hoped I was right.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-21-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Amaris - 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Winged Wraith - by Couth - 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM