the Rift

[OPEN] Trampled Flowers

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

My young charge had grown in my care, but we had grown no closer.

It had not been my idea, stealing the youths from their nesting place. I had not even thought it a particularly good idea, but I had also not stopped mission. I had helped. I had taken a child from his home and tried to make him see the reason in an unreasonable world. What regard had I expected to bloom in a union so poorly made? I would hate me, placed in his hooves. It was a wonder he had not yet attempted to slit my throat as I slept.

Still, I had done my best to make the colt feel at home, giving him space and watching from afar. I kept him safe while the battles raged, though he would not know it; I watched him grow and felt something close to regard, though it hid well behind the weary lines of my face. With Tandavi gone I had an abundance of motherly hormones to express, and none to accept them; how, then, can you blame me for coming to enjoy the little unicorn's presence?

It sounds a little sick when I think on it, but it is truth and so I'm bound to tell it. Better to seem honor-bound and corrupt than full of falsehood yet the image of mental health. One was at least mildly admirable, the other simply a lie upon a lie. Neither were perfect, but neither am I.

I followed the boy up the side of the cliff, keeping my distance as Sacre lost himself in thought. It would be so easy to know what was running through that young mind, what made the unicorn tick and cast such shadows behind eyes full of hope. All I had to do was reach out with my magic and touch him gently, press against the barriers of his mind and fall, spiraling, careening out of control into the dark and delicious depths of his soul...

I coughed, trying to clear my throat and head and alert him to my presence before the intoxicating pull of magic could draw me down. Kali was gone on some exciting mission god-knows-where that I hadn't paid much attention to, and unable to stop my new-found addiction; it was all up to me. "Hello, Sacre," I murmured into the wind, my voice dark and soothing and hopeful that he would not be afraid. "I have good news for you."

I smiled, pausing in my ascent, gold-tipped mane and tail thrown playfully by the breeze. Would he see the sincerity or merely my height, my regality, my dominance as his captor? Poor kid, it would be no wonder if he grew up to hate us, having been stuck with me for the season past.

[ ...sorry it's crap. I'll get back into her eventually ]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 10-21-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Roux - 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Rishima - 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Trampled Flowers - by Sacre - 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM