the Rift

[OPEN] Fight until you die or win. [Arlo]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

W atching, as she observed me, realising the only things that really told us apart were the hue of our orbs and the fact that she had a crown upon her dial. Harks pricked as her lyrics floated through the air towards me. Her words resonated with me, and were the only ones in days that actually made their way through the fog, causing a feeling of kinship. Her words sounded very much like my own thoughts. Her notes were light, tinged with sadness and quite clearly troubled, only highlighted by the small chuckle that followed. I could tell that behind those honeyed orbs of hers that she was sizing me up, assessing how trustworthy I was. And she was quite right in doing so, for if I was her I wouldn’t even give me the time of day, and the thought saddened me, that this angel really shouldn’t even acknowledge me as I walked past. But as it stood, she had taken a chance on me, and I would try my best to not let her down.

“Alas, what has brought you into such games of politics and power? And how could anyone bring themselves to lie in your presence?” My voice gruff and charming, the masculine to her feminine coated velvet tones. “Fear holds no place in one as pretty as you M’lady..”

And then it came. That dreaded question. One I hoped would never come. The one asking what dark matter resided behind my baby blues. How could I answer this one? Should I be truthful? But I couldn’t even tell my dove the truth, and yet this doe was seemingly pulling it from me. I hadn’t told anyone the full verity, not even my commanders. And yet I wanted to live up to the chance she had given me, for I knew it hadn’t come easily. She spoke in a riddle, of trusting too much and too little. I puzzled over this a little. “How can you do both of these? I’m afraid you have me a little confused.” I blinked my baby blues, and flicked my bangs from my eyes as I rumbled.

“Aye, you could say that my hell is self inflicted. I am afraid I am haunted from those of my past. And it is safe to say that they dog me daily.” I inhaled her soft scent as she pulled herself closer to me, and asked me of my name. “My name is Arlo. And whom might you be? And where have you hailed from?” Where she came from bothered me not, for of course, the Asylum was the worst of the worst, but I could tell it troubled her some. If she told me, I could comfort her that it mattered not a jot.

" "
Fugue
464 words.
@[Arah]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arah - 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arlo - 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arah - 10-21-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Fight until you die or win. [Arlo] - by Arlo - 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM