the Rift

Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round Three
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The dead dog apparently didn’t like me. Ask me how I knew? Well… Fina was the first to announce the change — my ivory patches shifted color while the bitch sang. Orange, the same hue as said glowing lantern like lights. A quick glance at heels just to make certain only succeeded in making my heart sink.

I didn’t have a chance to snarl or plea; others received far worse than me, some might say my luck was superior considering the situation. Rather suddenly, a wolf’s howl started up, soft at first then rising. Helovians around me frozen, midway cursing their changed state; some lucky souls coveting the prizes said bitch gave. I stiffened and felt unconsciously for the warm pulse of my collar—a small comfort to know that at the very least power was still within me. I could still feel my Lord.

We stood by like scowled children afraid of the dark. Feet shuffling uncertainty but ready for the next part of this crazy journey. Around us the world was altering itself, melting away piece by piece. First it was a mare here, a stallion there. They disappeared one by one, and as they vanished my alarm grew in height. Sun kissed wings slipped apart from barrel, beating once in preparation to ignite this body into heaven should the need come. Fina screeched as our world slipped apart and soil slide beneath shoes.
No pain.

Earth stopped moving moments later, our surrounding had changed from decaying landscape to unfamiliar stalks that stood many hands taller than me. While I peered skyward, Fina glanced back. My mind could feel her little heart speeding almost as fast as mine. She found the sky before me, spreading those golden wings. Disheartening images began to trail in quickly after, panic shivered us both.

“Endless,” She whispered. Inky fear blotched our souls, I shoved down the emotion and shut it behind steel doors. Wings pumped on both shoulders and heels, soon I was joining her; together we soared above the maze of flora that seemed to go on for miles. My pristine cloak fluttered in the wind and the crown that seemed to magically balance upon my skull didn't so much as flinch out of position. I veered west, following the pattern of corn below. We were going to get out, orange hair, heel/helmet wings and all.

OOC: Heading west. Midas is still dressed as the greek god Hermes, and Fina is his living staff.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd268...olour1.jpg

^Image of Hermes^ Only difference, Midas is wearing a white robe.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round One - by Luneia - 10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round One - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Halloween Maze Challenge :: Round One - by Luneia - 10-26-2013, 01:34 PM