the Rift

[OPEN] We've Been Denying

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

When neither three came, the steed's dome lowered closer to the ground as he stepped inside the borders. Had the mare gave up on him? Or was she just simply, not here? Wherever she may be, Xanthos was beginning to worry. He knew she would've came to greet him, unless she was busy. But that may be the solution, that's she is just busy with her works, and taking care of dear Jasiri.

Soon, the stud's ears perked and his dome shot up. He heard the leaves crushing, but it was more than one thing making the sounds, more like two. It may be Jasiri, or Romani and Kasai, or just all three of them. Remembering Kasai, Romani's beloved companion, and how Azel and her use to play fight as of which was Jasiri's guard. Yet, both had grown since then, there was still a chance of the playing cubs inside of them. As if, they could bring the past back to life and replay it over, over again. But it would never be the same for Romani and he.

Xanthos stood still, listening to the leaves crackling underneath one's pressure. Who might it be? The grullo steed did not know of yet but he knew the sweet smell of the creatures that were coming towards him, because it was the only one that carried loyalty to her home upon her golden shoulders.

Romani..

As she came walking from the trees, Kasai by her side, Xanthos let out a small sigh. His gaze reached out towards her beautiful frame and then to Azel as he trotted up to the white tiger, purring when he came to a stop a few lengths in front. The stud chuckled beneath his grasping breath and then blinked, looking back to his admiring mate. But the look that was plastered against her lips saddened him quickly. Despair. Abandoned. Victimized. That was the only way he knew how to describe his depressed beauty. What had happened to her? Xanthos couldn't tell, but he could tell that she wasn't her joyful self any longer. Was she hurt by his leave, or was it disgust of his return? It startled the stud that the femme was in such health. It made him feel like he had guilt labeled all of him, but it also made him think that it was also true.

He couldn't look at her no longer. He couldn't take the powerless expression of his empty mate. Xanthos ran to her, hoping she would not run from him, after all, he had left the land without a telling to the mare. He stopped, wide eyes pleading as he simply said, "I'm sorry.." Few tears tinkled down his gray face as the steed tried to stare deep down into the mare's soul, to find out what she was really feeling. But it was at no use. Is this what fear really felt like? To be humiliated and rejected? Because this was overwhelming Xanthos and he could take it no more.

It was all too much.

"Romani," he said, his voice lowered to a whisper. "I should've never left you like that. I love you." His voice faded as he took steps forward towards the beautiful golden mare, wishing she would come closer also so he could wrap her in a welcoming warmth of love for his mare. He just wanted to hold her forever, take her under his non-existent wing and shield her from the drowning rains. Yet, he knew it was impossible. All he could say was, "I love you Romani." The steed confessed, looking at her with bright, yellow eyes, pleading.

"I'm sorry."

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Messages In This Thread
We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Romani - 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Romani - 11-02-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 11-04-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: We've Been Denying - by Xanthos - 11-16-2013, 10:06 AM