the Rift

[DROP] Musical Night [SS-Common]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The waters came in, enclosing my body with a summer's warmth. This was my first summer, and the heat that followed was excepted. I found not much need at being in the Throat, most of the time spent within the Wilds, wandering to various places in attempts to discover different herbs and widen my thoughts with fresh ideas. Everything that came to me was welcome and accepted. Something had set me upon the fashion of being polite and laid back, though age and maturity caused an endless decay of my carefree style. It was going to need to be halted if I wanted to achieve my goals.
Sleep was never too evading, it came in cycles regardless of where I happened to be. Today, curiousity swept my youth to the Grove. Upon the shoreline, body encased in my precious waters and head, blue glowing horn still attached, lay with serenity in a soft enbankment. Night came along like a sweeping curtain, the feeling of a fresh cool breath of air taking everything away. This night was more welcome than the endless one; knowing that in just a few hours more the Sun would be here was a welcomed feeling.
Voices fluttered with the songs of birds, a hum of Locust that rose and fell like the wind pushing the waves. My young ears twitched with the noises, their whispers unnatural to the world I accepted so well. Mere seconds would pass before both of my pale blue eyes fluttered open. The glow from my horn made them twinkle, dark flecks becoming tiny black holes for the skies within my eyes.
Waves moved with no pattern, clearly disturbed. I'd gotten to know them while my body remained with them. My small head lifted up, growing mane a shady dust brown dripping with moonlit sparkles. They struck the surface, creating ripples that extended in each direction. Three souls were about the pond, one a winged colt, a horned mare, and a common stallion. My nature brought a thin smile across my face, eyes gazing over each before taking purchase on the orb. They moved it along, but their actions worried me for moments.
"Excuse me, would you mind if I help? The lily pads in the pond will create a cushion for it just in case it might happen to roll while taken ashore. Wait up, there's some on me."
I didn't lie, for while sleeping, the cold, slimy fingers that feel out of the bottom of lily pads had rode upon my back and taken rest with me. I never complained, only pushed them off when it happened in the past. Here, they came in handy.
I pulled myself together, coming up to rise, using my horn as a light apart from the Moon, approaching them in silence. When I arrived, I slid down into the waters with ease, creating as little amounts of disturbances as I could possibly make. This was such a delicate process, and the idea of a lost soul upon my shoulders caused a flurry of guilt to weaken the strength of my young heart.
We can use my horn as extra light to make sure we get things precise. It might seem silly, but it helps a lot. Miss.... Um, sorry, would mine if I called you Luna for now since you look like the Moon's colour? Would you be able to help me get these lily pads in place if the grey lifts a bit more?" Desperately, I felt bad for nicknaming them just for appearance, but giving each other something to know one another by helped get the task done. My head was lowered, light closer to the orb while I pushed a lily pad in front of it, another closing up beside it.
They had already been moving towards shore, so I moved with them, trying to retrieve some grace from what awkward breeding I had. I tried moving with them to cooperate. We probably all wanted this orb, but greed can be pushed away and forgotten while we help another.

OOC: Sikeax would like to try for a Rougarou please.

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=80...ght=Sikeax
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Random Event - 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Arlo - 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Mesec - 10-24-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Arah - 10-24-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Arah - 10-31-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Sikeax - 10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Tingal - 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Nayati - 10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Ciceron - 10-24-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Musical Night [SS-Common] - by Ampere - 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM