the Rift

[PRIVATE] and where are we to go when all our paths lose their way?

Cantante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A dark gray mare wanders in the dim, pre-dawn light. She seems to have no particular destination in mind for her path is a meandering one though it is reasonably clear that she began somewhere in the vicinity of the foothills. Wherever she might have been planning, or hoping, to go, she ends up here in the Thistle Meadow somewhere between the northern border and the great central river. There her very slow and rather clumsy progress ends. Feet planted widely for balance that she really shouldn’t need on such flat terrain she tilts her head back to study the sky.

I am still not entirely sure where I am in relation to the most recent place that I called home. It took me the better part of three months to reach this Helovia but I didn’t know where I was going and I certainly wasn’t traveling in any logical pattern. Honestly my arrival here really was unintentional, I simply needed to leave the sky before I fell from it and so I landed in the Threshold. If I hadn’t exhausted my body and mind so completely I would have tucked myself safely away in the shadows for the night and left again before I was found. My foolishness left me unable to leave then and no more so now… I was and am too unwell. So I am left gazing at the stars and trying to figure out where I haven’t yet gone to search for Kabear. Of course I’ve only barely scratched the surface of these lands, perhaps I will find what I seek here in the end.

After a time her gaze wanders from the sky to take in the vast open space around her and the prominent purple plants blanketing it’s surface. The sight seems to please her for she takes a few suddenly energetic, hopping steps forward then shakes vigorously enough that her folded black wings fall open. That makes her freeze again. A full minute passes like that then ever so cautiously she stretches the feathery appendages out and flaps them tentatively once, twice… she lets them fall, still spread open, to drag on the ground again. A wistful sigh escapes and then with a disgruntled look she attacks the grass at her feet instead of whatever else she’d wanted to do.

It will still be sometime before I can fly again. I am gaining strength but the process is distractedly slow. This is why I’ve left my safe haven yet again. I’ve convinced myself that using my muscles will help me recover faster. Even if I’m deluded in that matter I still need to move for my sanity if nothing else. Last night I couldn’t sleep and so set out for another solo venture in the dark. Not entirely wise on unfamiliar trails, but I haven’t exactly been making a point of wise actions lately. I’d been aiming for the Threshold, which I appear to have missed entirely, and I may well now be too worn out to get back to where I’m supposed to be safe before night falls again. Still, breaking free of that oppressive forest and finding this wide open space lifted my spirits… right up until I spread my wings and discovered that they are still dreadfully weak.

In between one mouthful and the next a sound, rather like hooves crunching dry crackly plants, comes from behind her. One ear flickers to show that she has heard but she does not turn to look. She simply finishes the clump of sweet grass, taking her time about it. When no further noise is heard and no words spoken she calls out, “Who follows?”

@[Brisa]

Messages In This Thread
and where are we to go when all our paths lose their way? - by Cantante - 10-25-2013, 11:55 PM