the Rift

home is a fire; open

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace noted the stallion’s tired movement. Perhaps he had been journeying? His thoughts drifted to Cantante. Hopefully she was faring well in his absence, it wasn’t like she was a child or anything. The mare was though within his care, and he had been doing a rather awful job of it, but he still had duties to attend to within his herd and it be wrong of him to simply forsake them. Especially when Cantante was an adult, and not a child that needed constant attendance. For the time being he would push his friend from his mind, and focus on the other tasks at hand.

“Yes it truly does have a lovely name.” Solace responded, a bit of a smile passing over his lips. ”And it’s a pleasure to meet you as well Gabriel.” When the other stallion appeared, he dipped his head in greeting, but said nothing to the other stallion, not out of spite or anything but out of lack of interest. Solace wasn’t there to socialize with others, he was there to find new recruits and offer a home to wandering souls. That was all that mattered to him in that moment, and he cared very little as to what the other stallion. Solace noticed the other stallion’s reaction to the arrival of the predatory cat, he didn’t blame the stallion. Companions were such a foreign concept to him when he first arrived in Helovia, but they were becoming a normal occurrence in life. Such a bond still didn’t sound particularly appealing to Solace at the moment, and if it did ever catch his interest he wouldn’t want any kind of predator following behind him, even if they were bonded he would still fear at any moment it could turn.

Solace turned his gaze from the spotted cat and back to Gabriel when he spoke once more. The question was indeed an interesting one to him, and he wasn’t entirely sure how to answer it. Within in his own short time in the land of Helovia, peace had only recently arrive. Like any place, there was of course conflict, but nothing major had occurred since Birdsong. Invasions or wars didn’t occur regularly within the Foothills, he didn’t know about the World’s Edge. All he knew about them is that his own herd had invaded their mercenary days.

“I’ve only been in Helovia for a bit over two seasons,” he began, “So whether peace throughout the entire and is a rarity or not is unknown to me.” He paused for a moment as he collected more of his thoughts. “You have arrived in a time of peace, for my own herd, The Foothills at least. I cannot speak for any other herd, but as I do believe that there is peace throughout the land.” He glanced at the other stallion. What was the unicorn’s name again? Ah yes, Xanthos, Solace hadn’t forgotten his name since their first encounter here I the Threshold. He was curious and was looking forward to Xanthos’s answer. Maybe he would learn more of this World’s Edge he’s heard of.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
home is a fire; open - by Gabriel - 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Solace - 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Xanthos - 10-26-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Gabriel - 10-26-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Solace - 10-26-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Xanthos - 10-27-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: home is a fire; open - by Gabriel - 10-30-2013, 08:39 PM