the Rift

[OPEN] Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik the Engineer

Ulrik was fashionably late to the meeting. He was sporting a few new injures from his challenge, but he did not speak on that. What occurred was between himself and Torleik, and the demon-horned stallion had more than proven himself. As the Engineer walked with a slight gimp on his front leg, he nodded to Torleik before tilting his ears forward at the only conversation he had managed to get. The mare who had helped him when his magic was broken was mourning Psyche, and he furrowed his brows.

But why?

Achievements? What achievements did Psyche lead them to? The God of Time brought them to this land. Since then it had been stagnant and full of bloody fucking pregnant mare and their fucking hormones. Still, he would keep that opinion to himself considering that Deimos had his own little brat running around, one whom he saw standing next to who he presumed was the babe's mother. Ulrik's mad, bronze stare settled on them before he tore it away to focus once more on Illynx's words.

The stallion shook his head and stepped forward, his massive, charcoal form more fit from his battle with Torleik. A thick, bloody scab on his leg as well as a few stab wounds told stories that his words could not and yet explained nothing. The Engineer settled his gaze on Illynx without judgement or disgust. She was pretty and intelligent, and she only needed to be enlightened. Right? He prayed she was not like the other females. That would be... disappointing, and that was an emotion he was not used to feeling.

"Deimos did not challenge Psyche for leadership," Ulrik explained. "I did." He paused to let his words uttered from growling throat settle among the crowd. "For a long time have I been in this land, longer than I have ever stayed in one place. I was there when Mauja and Psyche ruled the World's Edge. Psyche abandoned the battle and us when we fought to keep our home, and we lost." The Engineer was of course spinning the tale from his point of view, but he believed every word he spoken. If Ulrik could ever be charismatic, it was at this very moment.

"The Time God gave her this land because of Mauja. She lead us into a battle in which she was one of the first to fall against the fucking pathetic might of the Throat." Ulrik's vehemence slipped into his words, and his opinion of the Dragon's Throat was more than revealed. Ulrik shook his head, tumbling his thick, black mane around his neck. "I could not serve a herd whose leader so frequently lead our great society and great race into shame, and I was not the one to lead."

Ulrik smirked. "I respect Psyche, however. She told me I would make a bloody mess as a lead, and I agreed. I wanted the title for a day, and I made plans. Then, I gave my position to Deimos, as she implied she wanted," he clarified to Illynx. The stallion stood, his secret and the truth exposed. "If you need to point blame then, point it at me. I asked Psyche to stay." The stallion sighed. "Should you find her I would imagine she would say much of the same, and Deimos was with me to justify what I have spoken."

The engineer cast a single glance at Illynx that was filled with confusion and fear of the unknown, but in the blink of his glinty eyes, it was gone. "What remains now is to become great again, and I believe with Deimos' skill and Illynx's level head and cleverness we can conquer whatever path our hooves cross." Ulrik glanced between the two leads. "I will take whatever position you ask of me, but I have matters to attend to now..." he muttered, slipping off into the snowy field to work on something made of metal.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting] - by Leovan - 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: Be bloody, bold and resolute [Herd Meeting] - by Ulrik - 11-15-2013, 05:32 PM