the Rift

something wicked brews [OPEN!]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

With a little more care and consideration towards the placement of her tread, Africa continued along the path inconspicuously enough, the young Zephyr upon her short, mottled back sitting sentry with an easy view of their surroundings. She could not recall the Threshold being so utterly overgrown, and puffed playfully at the low spread of a shaggy oak’s tired leaves as she passed beneath. Perhaps, she pondered in relative silence, the rich sunlight after the Endless Night held properties that were unseen and unfelt by the lazy presence of Helovia’s population; maybe the vegetation grew now more than ever it had, because of such exceptional nourishment. She could not say for certain what had compelled these old woods to thrive; even live through that time, but the young Pegasus was happy for the most part that it had not shrivelled away entirely with illness.

As she made her way along, the sudden flutter of her Bonded’s heart caught her attention. She drew to an instant halt, long, heavy ears searching through the trees for that which had upset the Zephyr. Warily too were her pale brown eyes hunting- and as they found the path of Silas’s gaze, Africa’s upturned nose wrinkled as she tested the air for scent.

The first rather startling thing about the unfamiliar Pegasus (who appeared to lie like a predator in waiting for the dappled mare) to note, was the striking explosion of neon, turquoise spots blanketing all, it seemed, but the creature’s raven-black shoulders, neck and well refined skull. The long, silken primary feathers and some of those which clad each wing's body were also contrasting black.
So dazzling was the hypnotic blur of colour, that Africa found herself squinting awkwardly through the blazing sunlight which already cloaked the forest. The same vibrant hue dressed the stranger’s chiselled Arabian face also; luscious locks draped to either side fading to snowy white ends.
From the angle of her approach, she could see little else and her eyes lifted carefully to find the eyes- shining, piercing aqua, glaring right at her.

Discomforted by the rather unaccommodating expression plastered across the other’s face, Africa found the mesh of muscle-work beneath her dappled coat flexing and flinching disconcertedly. "Hello?" She said quietly, naturally not an obnoxiously vocal character. "Can I help you with something?" It was the only thing she could think to ask giving that the bright, spotted mare had by then slipped out behind, onto the very path Africa and Silas had been tracing. She offered a half smile; because it was good manners.

credits

Messages In This Thread
something wicked brews [OPEN!] - by Citronella - 10-26-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: something wicked brews [OPEN!] - by Africa - 10-26-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: something wicked brews [OPEN!] - by Citronella - 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: something wicked brews [OPEN!] - by Africa - 11-13-2013, 06:10 PM