the Rift

[OPEN] Denounce THIS [Challenge Thread]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Something is wrong. Loretta's voice pierced Archibald's thoughts as the pair trotted along the border of the Foothills. These had always been good hunting grounds for Loretta, and he was not going to let her pass them up. However, she was fair in her wisdom in this moment. Archibald hummed in agreement, turning his body sharply to prance straight into the herdland. Archibald may have left the Grey, may have stepped down as the head of the soldiers of this land, but his heart would forever reign among the buffs and valleys. This land was more dear to him that the Mystic Woodlands that he had been born into. Loretta, quickly, darted out in front of him, loping ahead and sending him images.

It was only a few minutes before Archibald's gaze fell on what was to come, what silenced the trees and sent an alarm through his bones. It was a familiar sight, an outsider of newcoming to the herd challenging for leadership. Flashes of the red dun, Jackal, flashed behind his lids as Loretta recalled the memory in sync with him. Grunting, Archibald's attention was quickly grasped by the shrill call of the mare Phadrea as she swooped in, her regality wide and her beauty still the same. Lifting a confused brow at her concern, Archibald called out to her, opening his presence to her eyes.

She glistened and soon they were joined by another, oddly colored draft. Archibald still towered above him, even without his straight, military posture. Nodding his board head at the pair, Archibald turned his full attention to the mare that had called so angrily out to Apollo. She had called him a coward, but the Dauntless had only known the overo to be exactly the opposite. Loretta, settling in on the close side of her massive bondmate, between him and the others, snarled at the black bitch, her tail rising into the air, erect and dominant. Archibald made no qualm to settle her, for his own anger boiled within his chest. "Apollo leads this land with a fair and just hoof. Who does this bitch think she is? He was chosen, and she is a jealous maggot."

The Dauntless spoke to no one in particular, except himself and Loretta. He knew that Phaedra would probably shit a brick with him in the herdlands, but the Dauntless cared naught. He would squelch her quickly, should her flames of anger at Circe and her bitterness at him for sending her to war come to light. He had no time for childish behavior, he was here to display strength and support on the back of Apollo.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Archibald did not come because Phaedra called. He came to support Apollo.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Denounce THIS [Challenge Thread] - by Phaedra - 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Denounce THIS [Challenge Thread] - by Solace - 10-28-2013, 10:59 AM