the Rift

[OPEN] Hunting
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
He must have known that I would need to know about the invasion; sooner or later the question would have come forward. It was on both of our minds, perhaps less so on mine because of Ktulu and my family. But still, present. Apollo spoke, and I listened. Quietly shuffling ahead, my hooves digging gently into the soft grass that tickled our ankles. It was so different here, peaceful. Hard to believe that this land had been bled upon. My brother in arms finalized that the battle had been beyond his control, a notion that was felt upon my soul as truth. Nobody chose their path, and in the words of another who had vanished from this earth. Not all paths were walked willingly.

His story helped clear up some of the missing puzzle pieces that had been scattered by gossip. Ophelia had formed an agreement with a basin unicorn. Agreeing to aid their ventures on a moment’s notice, and for what? I didn’t want to believe that the pale sister had been involved—but there was little doubt that Apollo was speaking false for the reason of gaining an ally that he already possessed.

There was genuine sorrow in his voice, the same sorrow that had rose in my throat when warriors came to our land during the dark time. My gaze drifted to his, soft and understanding. Always understanding—perhaps one day I would destroy myself with mercy, forgiveness, but not today. Not now. “They leave ye abandoned now? Or do ye fear of attack?” Our families are weaker than before, could we withstand another raid?

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hunting - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Hunting - by Apollo - 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Hunting - by Midas - 11-15-2013, 10:36 PM