the Rift

[PRIVATE] Down to Business

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

Abraham followed carefully after his mother, steady at his brother’s side. He kept a mind to stay close to Reginald as thy moved further and further from their meadow. He would be the shoulder that Reginald needed, but he knew too well that his brother was all too haughty and self-righteous to take refuge against his pristine white limb. It was a frustrating ordeal he endured, wanting to be his brother’s strength as well as his own, but knowing Reggie would never take it. It did not make him sad, it did not make him angry, it just bothered the poor colt. Despite the confusion and boiled-down frustration that gripped his chest, Abraham silently accepted his brother’s stony façade and usually pushed past the subject of asking about his health and strength.

Bi-colored eyes danced on Reginald’s frame as he explored the new sensory objects that they stumbled upon. The yearning to explore and discover that bound Reginald’s heart so tight inspired Abraham, and the wings of desire to help his brother reach his own dreams began to form and develop each day he watched his twin discover. Blinking, Abraham finally tore his eyes away from Reginald to take in the beauty around them for his own self. The land they were in now was vastly different than the meadow. Tall, ominous trees loomed over them, ancient in their story and wisdom. He wondered what the trees could say if they were to talk, but he knew from experience that the trees did not speak, nor did they cry out in pain when Reginald carved small intricacies into them with his obsidian horn.

Stopping when his mother turned and addressed them, Abraham waited as Reginald spoke and moved closer to the glinting pool that bounced red off of his mother’s hide. Archibald, their father, had told them many times that their mother was a valiant warrior and she had served well in his army, but he did not see anything in her from that past except for the many scars that littered over her flanks and legs. Her words now, however, were aggressive and cold. Her mouth captured Abraham’s attention, and something so close to adoration fluttered with his tiny heart. ”I’ve never thought of hurting anything with my horn, except once.” Abraham confessed, glancing in Reggie’s direction. He knew his twin would know of the time they were speaking, when they met the blue filly in the iceland. She had so blatantly pointed out that his eyes were different, so unique on his skull, but she had seemed appalled by them. He had wanted to poke her with his dual swords to remind her that, in fact, his horn was different than her’s, too.

Abraham
So this is the hate I've been born to
Full are the tales of the untrue

image credits
table by whit

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Messages In This Thread