the Rift

[OPEN] Armored soul
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I was relieved to hear that all of them were at the very least uninjured by my adventures in that other world—well off enough to still be in Helovia. Though, relief in itself couldn’t overwhelm the rush of pain and confusion; hadn’t our time together been nothing but good? Hadn’t I tried hard enough to be a good partner, Father? My chest clinched and I looked away from my Lord in rising shame, it was for them I had fought to return; for a family that no longer cared if I drew breath? A cool hardness crept forward, slithering around my soul with its cold, wet fingers. It promised relief by making me numb.

Slowly my lips moved to respond in a voice that was barely above a whisper, “It is well then.” Nay, it was not well. But what else could be done? This was another test of strength; I rose toward it and forced a small smile,“Thankee Father, for assuring my trembling self of their wellbeing.” I couldn’t hide this spirit from him, nor was it desired to, “Is there something I can do for thou? Your return brings everyone great gladness and joy. Surely there is a way a child can serve?” He had always been there for me, in some fashion. My loyalty, and love were his; as was the armor across shoulders and the daggers planted at birth upon my feet. Leading and worship would make a fine distraction from personal wounds that festered beneath the skin, “Teach me to be more like thee, I beg ye.” Even as a child I had been earnest to learn, earnest to love. Now as an adult I could more, become anything.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Armored soul - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM