the Rift

[OPEN] Armored soul

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

It was easy, to like Midas. Briefly the God's mind drifted to Thor, a stallion who seemed a great deal like the paint before him, if not a little taller. Both had a serving heart, and came to him open and honestly. Unlike others, who sought him out for their own greed and selfishness. It couldn't be blamed of course, or rather, they couldn't. The lives of the mortals was so fleeting...it wasn't surprising that they often failed to see the whole picture, and instead quested and invested their time in lives in fruitless and futile pursuits. But Midas...He was not like that. It was almost as if his heart beat slightly slower, able to take in the importance of his decisions, and forge meaningful relationships with those around him.

His tail flicked loosely around his hocks, as he listened to Midas' plea. How many before, had asked for the opportunity to be like him? Hundreds, over the course of his long life, he was sure. And so, a hearty stream of laughter echoed from his bearded jaws. The sound reverberated onto the stoney ground around them, as if the entirety of the precipice upon which they stood, had joined in, finding humor in Midas' request. "You know not what you ask, Midas. For it is a tedious and thankless job, encouraging the flowers to blossom, and the trees to grow. Do you know how long it took to wear away the stones upon which we now stand? Thousands of years. For thousands of days, my sister and I eroded these shores to create this precipice, and in a day, we destroyed it. Can you imagine how that feels?" The God sighed, momentarily lost in a world of melancholy. Everything he had created - the mountains and trees, the groves and crystalline pools - all of it, would one day be destroyed. The only question was, would he be the one to destroy it? Or would it be the mortals?

Pulling himself out of his musings with a gentle cough, he once again focused upon Midas, with a paternal smile. "Nay Midas, not more like me. I want you to be more like you. You have a way of crafting gold into being. Craft three spheres. Once you have done this, seek out others who can create using the earth, as you do. Have them apply their abilities, to that which you have made. Once you have done this, return to me, and we shall see what it is, you can truly do."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Armored soul - by Midas - 10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Armored soul - by God of the Earth - 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Armored soul - by Midas - 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM