the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Look down, the ground below is crumbling
Look up, the stars are all exploding

The unresponsiveness in the stallion’s tone caught Africa a little off guard. She was not used to such unresponsiveness really, and while the nature of his lurking did strike her as a little peculiar (given that the few that had showed her such little interest, were primarily doing the same), she had not prepared herself for anything less than a reflection of her natural warmth. The one-winged mare shuffled awkwardly before him, readjusting her composure appropriately- to stand casually; with little concern, because he didn’t seem to attract the need.
All the while, Africa was watching the languid sky-blue gaze of her Unicorn company. It roved away from her eyes, rejecting the hold which the young mare was attempting to secure and trailed away towards Silas, she presumed, who she could feel leaning heavily across the slop of her back to watch. She sighed quietly, as she shifted her rump left a little across swinging black legs so that the pair could eye each other off more efficiently.

Silas stared critically at the stallion, who in turn was staring back. His shining black eyes travelled the length of the other’s face, both crosswise and vertically, each time pausing to glower at the weapon which extended from between those eyes. Not once was he distracted, not even as Africa’s weight shifted beneath the grasp of his stretched talons.

He spoke again at last, and Africa almost smiled with relief as the sound so suddenly broke the wall of uncomfortable silence which was forming all around them. Then she realised that he was not particularly interested in conversing with her, filling in some time or even a friendly interaction- at least. The raven-black stallion with his crimson rump was, it seemed, infatuated with her Bonded. Gruffly she shrugged, sighing with unusual intolerance- "He is native… yes." She answered curtly, misinterpreting his question as she peered at random about them. All At once, the reason for this venture came rushing back to fill her despairing thoughts and she lifted her face, turning it back towards the stranger. He spoke again, diverting the churn of her mind- still referring to Silas, and for a moment Africa’s eyes narrowed and shot a bothered glance his way.

"We are bound." She answered, recalling that she too had once bombarded Sohalia and Midas with these very curiosities- more eloquently, and with far better developed manners. The young dapple grey blinked as she watched him, not watching her. "Don’t you know of companions?" She asked then, a more natural manner embracing and dulling a little, the prickle which had crept into her character. Africa smiled for him, trying to perhaps lure the focus of his eyes back upon her.

Maybe, they could start over and be friends.

"I am Africa," She started cunningly. "Who are you." Tucking her chin into a brisk nod, she waited for him to reveal his identity- and then, and only then would the young mare offer any more information.

This guy was impossible….

credits

Messages In This Thread
(closed) This is where I found you... - by Africa - 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: [any] This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-05-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM