the Rift

[OPEN] (closed) This is where I found you...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes
In the night the stormy night away she'd fly

The sweat which had lathered into a slick-off-white froth between the points of her body which ordinarily rubbed together, began to dry, flake and diffuse; the shade offering enough relief from the heat which still lingered brightly beyond the dense forest, that she perspired no longer in the same fashion as when she was travelling. The air which clung about her was still humid and hot, but it was manageable without the burning sun to weary her body. Pale brown eyes scanned the aloof stallion before her when he spoke at last. His name was Vulture- a name which did not strike a chord in her shrewd memory, but someone who she now viewed with small dignity. Civility did lurk behind the mask of brutal indifference- even if it was only her that delved so deeply into the new acquaintance's personality. She could not help herself really, Africa always sought deeper than superficial first glance.

She nodded, impressed that he felt willing to offer his name- but not patronisingly so. The young friendly Pegasus was pleased simply that she had a name to place against his face should the need arise to find him in the future. "No I don't live here…" She chuckled cheerfully, whether or not he found amusement in the question or not. Ordinarily Africa did not consider any place like this- the Wilds, hospitable and certainly not well suited to home life. In her narrow-minded per spective, a home meant a herd to grow within, borders to protect and a reputation to uphold- Dragon's Throat was what came to mind right away. She could not see any herd thriving for any amount of time in an unsettling forest such as this- when Basilisk's and other fearsome creatures roamed. "Actually I come from Dragon's Throat..." She told him afterwards, whether or not he wanted to know; and added quickly because he had said he was quite new- "…a territory to the south."

She watched him with a patiently tender glaze across her gentle eyes, absorbing his body-language and expression as a whole, an attempt to gather his reaction- should there be one this time. "Where are you from?" Africa asked curiously, tilting her long feminine face to the side thoughtfully. Certainly not from the north she imagined, he did not seem… angry enough- that left only two other options, both of which were relatively neutral with her home.

Tagged: @[Vulture ]

credits

Messages In This Thread
(closed) This is where I found you... - by Africa - 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: [any] This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-12-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Vulture - 12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: This is where I found you... - by Africa - 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM