the Rift

[OPEN] Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The coming of Brisa had put the subject of the gods right out of Alysanne’s mind as well, though it would undoubtedly resurface at a future point when the subject was brought up again. Her mind, at the moment, had refocused on Kahlua as she explained the different possibilities of what the members could do. It was good to know that she would not have to pick an option. Aly wasn’t certain how long she would be here. Her heart ached for her friends and family that were somewhere else.

As someone who did not entirely believe in fate, she thought her luck was incredible. The Qian were the perfect match, from Kahlua’s description and the first impressions she was gaining from her time her. Peace. Aly wanted nothing more than to live a peaceful life, to see those she cared for live in such a way too.

She wondered whether there was a darkness in Helovia, like there was in Nocturne. Were there demons here? If there weren’t, this was the safer place – she just knew it. No more hauntings, no more fear. A hope, flashing bright as it began, took root. For now, though, the conversation was on happier things. She would ask Kahlua about the darkness in time.

She pondered the options available, was curious about it all, save perhaps the warriors. Well, perhaps there was a degree of curiosity there as well – but not enough to make her want to seek one out and try her hand at battling.

“I’m glad to hear there’s no steadfast requirement. I’m not sure how long I’ll be staying. My son… well, I miss him.” And here, the moment when her smile faltered. She had mentioned her potential-temporary status to Kahlua back at the Threshold and still it gnawed at her. There was uncertainty in her voice as she spoke about it. Every step they took, she felt like she was growing attached to this place. If she left, she’d be trading missing her family for missing something new. Her son was safe, she knew that, but what sort of mother would she be if she just gave up the idea of seeing him again? There was a whole life back in Nocturne.

But she must not be rude and forget where she was - in the company of two lovely mares. Her smile returned, with uneasily at first but soon returning to its usual brightness. “Though I do appreciate the hospitality, and hopefully I’ll find a way to repay you all before I leave.” How, she did not know. A million thanks, if nothing else. The subject stirred the curiosity she felt about her two companions – they were already considered friends, so amiable were their natures, but she knew so little about them. “Have you two lived here for long?”

But then they came to a little clearing between some trees and once more Aly was amazed at the talent her friend had. “Magnificent indeed!” Aly echoed Brisa’s praise – stepping cautiously towards the statues but too wary to get too close. It was glass, like her headband and the wall, but the substance was still new to her. It reminded her of ice – and she knew all too well how fragile ice could be. After examining the bear, she turned to see the look on Kahlua’s face. The heartbreak that had been experienced was so close; a little fracturing was to be expected. The Pegasus re-joined the pair, offering an encouraging smile that paired well with Brisa’s nudge, before focusing on the grey mare’s words. Yes, a change in topic might be just what is needed.

“Enjoy? Well, I used to be able to heal, though the magic seemed to have been tied to the land I came from. Apart from that… what I really enjoy is learning about those I meet and, of course, plants – I’ve been studying them all my life. Though I feel like I’ve got a lot more to learn now that I’ve come here.” The amount of new species was overwhelming, but it was evident from the bright smile in Alysanne’s green eyes that she delighted in the pursuit. She had recognized a few specimens, here and there, but for the most part Alysanne had found herself in an incredible world where everything was new and fresh. “Our talented friend here is a crafter – one of the finest in Helovia I wager.” A bold statement, but surrounded by the clear, dazzling sculptures – how could Aly believe any different? And she did believe it, with the utmost sincerity. Alright, perhaps she was a little biased but Kahlua deserved the praise. “But what about you, Brisa? Have you thought about being an apprentice?”

Her attention had not yet lighted upon the herb garden nearby – which was all well and good, because she might forget herself and go to explore it. The world she had been first introduced to was one composed entirely of her father, herself, and the plants in the forest they lived in. It was a connection that she was unlikely to lose, even in a land as foreign as this.

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 10-30-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-19-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 12-01-2013, 01:15 AM