the Rift

[OPEN] Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
As Alysanne again mentioned that she may not be staying very long, Kahlua could not help but feel a new type of sadness work its way through her brain. Already, she was rather fond of the girl and it would be a shame to see her go. Still, she understood the memories of lost family and desires to be elsewhere. At least, she understood the feeling superficially. Clearly Alysanne had more of an emotion connection to her old homeland. Already, Kahlua was forgetting her past, integrating herself fully into this land, become as native a Helovian as it was possible to be. And besides, Kahlua didn't have any foals to speak of back home. Poor Aly seemed to have lost her son. Doing her best to show sympathy (though it was difficult in that the painted girl was not especially fond of children), she reached her nose out to touch Aly's shoulder. She had no words. It was probably better. What words could console a grieving mother?

She barely caught Alysanne's question (though this time she stored it away for future answering) before she was bombarded with praise for her creations. She was a vain creature, so she was not shy in accepting their complements. Rather, she soaked in them, letting them lift her and brighten her spirit. Extroverts required friends. Kahlua was glad she had these two. Likewise, she was glad for the gentle nudge that Brisa gave her, and the accompanying smile from Aly, that reeled her back in from her otherwise head first dive into memories of Antheia. With a soft sigh, she turned away from the cliffs and faced her friends, hoping to keep her mind off of the topic.

As Brisa, thankfully, continued the conversation, Kahlua took pleasure in listening to them speak about themselves. She was always interested to hear another story. I used to be able to heal, the girl began and Kahlua knew then that she would have to introduce the mare to Resplendence at some point. She was certain the fallen angel would not mind the company of a clearly already educated healer (even if her stay was only to be temporary). “They tried to teach me about the plants,” she added with a laugh as Aly spoke about the plants. “I was miserable at learning them, though. Thank goodness for healers!” Slowly, the smile returned to her face, growing and fading now and again as she alternately forgot and remembered the crashing of the waves.

Again reveling in praise that she really would have done well not to indulge herself in, Kahlua looked to Brisa, waiting to see if she had decided upon any of the career pathways that interested her. Having given the girl enough time to answer, Kahlua finally returned to the question she had shelved a few moments ago. “I arrived here just as frostfall began,” she said, bobbing her head as she thought of all that had transpired in the short time. “A lot has happened,” she said, twisting her lips for the briefest of moments as she tried to think, “but I've been very happy here. I do hope you decide to stay with us,” she finished, pleased with what she had managed to say.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 10-30-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-19-2013, 11:26 PM