the Rift

[OPEN] Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Though perhaps it seemed small, the comforting touch that Kahlua offered her after Aly mentioned her son meant so much to her. It surpassed all her expectations, finding Helovia and finding her – and Brisa too. She was thankful for the move in conversation, dwelling on Arty would cause her to break, she was sure.

No, no more tears today - for her or for the mares in her company. Despite the lingering distresses in the recesses of their minds, Alysanne was truly happy to be here. She had no idea whether she was ever going to be able to accurately show them just how much she adored her luck. It would be good to linger here, to rest but also to see whether this would be a safer home for her family than the one she had left. Maybe she had wandered all that way for a reason?

As it was explained that Brisa had only arrived a month ago herself, it did not seem all that surprising that she had not found out where she could contribute to the herd yet – such decisions and discoveries took time. “You’re going to do wonderful, Brisa, whatever you decide. Even if it takes a little while to find your niche, it’s out there. Maybe we can learn about healing together.” Warm, encouraging smile accompanied her words. Not everyone could be a warrior or even a healer - but she liked to think everyone had a part to play. Kahlua could weave beautiful objects out of glass and surely Aly and Brisa would find they had a talent or two for something. After losing the magic she held previously, she'd be starting over again and would be happy to have someone else there learning with her.

It was so easy to move on from the time she spent travelling, from the loneliness as she searched for her family. She felt comfortable here, in the Edge and in the presence of Kahlua and Brisa - both of whom made her smile with their comments about how they hoped she would stay. “Helovia does seem so wonderful – you’ve both shown me that. I promise that I will come back.” The idea of leaving made her sad, especially in the company she was in, so she shook her head and dismissed the idea for the moment with a bright smile. “But let’s not weigh ourselves down with such talk just yet. I’m not going anywhere today. And today… well, there’s still so much more to see! I’m so excited to explore more!” Having not missed the way Kahlua looked at the cliffs, when Alysanne suggested moving off – her head motioned in the other direction. Surely there were other sights, other faces, that they could discover. Everything was new to her here. Right down to the language (how puzzling the term 'frostfall' was to her).

But before they could move off, she wanted to make sure of something. A look of honest concern in those emerald eyes as she glanced between the two mares. “I hope I’m not keeping either of you from anything? As much as I want you two to be my guides, I can always explore on my own for a time.” Though it was certainly not preferable to be on her own, social as she was, Aly rather disliked the idea of being a burden in any way. She would not hold it against either of the mares if they had something else to attend to. There was no thought of slipping quietly back out through the border and the Threshold – her travels left her weary (more mentally than physically) and she would never dream of leave without saying goodbye.

ooc: thought this might be a good set up for the thread ending in either of your posts, but if you guys have other ideas or want to keep going we can do that too! Definitely won’t be the last time they chat <3

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 10-30-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Brisa - 11-19-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Heart of Glass [Aly, Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 12-01-2013, 01:15 AM