the Rift

my mother told me i had a chameleon soul*

Ilacta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She floats at break-neck speed through two too-close trees, her wings shooting upward and together upon her back, their tips meeting so closely at the peak of her shoulders that the glossy outer feathers meld into one another for a second in time. Her muscles ripple and pulse beneath her skin, flexing around the outline of her ribs and pushing ligaments up and against her glossy coat. Looking contorted, her legs relax, then flex, then claw at the air; dancing in response to the movements of her wings. Flying around trees had never been her favorite, but somehow she did it with impressive ease - not even breaking a twig, or sending a leaf from it’s branch.

With the same ease, she lands, her legs jutting out in front of her body and pushing into the soft earth below, her mane and tail crashing cushion-like into her body like waves into the shore.

This was home.

She stretches her wings horizontally before adjusting them at her sides, their swollen elbows evidence of how large they are compared to her lithe, willowy body. The density around her has created a shroud of darkness, offering her a temporary cloak...were it not for the gauzy, bright beam of light that puffed through the trees and right against her body, turning her into a magnificent beacon of blue-black gloss and disc shaped feathers and wavy, windblown hair.

She flicks her tail.

She licks her lips.

The tips of her wings flex and contract reflexively with her breaths.

Dense and green and lichen-laden, tree on top of tree, it seemed as though she was the only bird in this forest.

And for the first time in her life, she didn’t like the solitude.

Ilacta *
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north,
no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...
WANDERING // NO RANK // NO ACCOLADES

excuse the suckage, i am no bueno at entrance posts

Messages In This Thread
my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: my mother told me i had a chameleon soul* - by Ilacta - 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM