the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Were I a bragging man, I could’ve lied to myself and felt honored that she’d followed me here; after all, what sort of coincidence would lead her, of all people, to appear the same place our erratic feet led us to? It was the sort of odds one should not bet on.

I was not given to bragging – I was not my brother, bless him – and therefore, I accepted this remarkable coincidence for what it was: remarkable, and a coincidence, no more, no less.

Rather remarkable that I’d think such things when my heart was in my throat and my legs seemed to have frozen into the tundra I knew so well, traitors, all of them.

It was not a dream, because I never dreamed. No illusion, because, to be perfectly frank, I did not have such a memory to remember the exact intonation of her voice that well, not enough to conjure her from thin air. There were marks that weren’t there before, nicks and dents to her skin, and I was quite sure that little spot hadn’t been there before…

Which is irrelevant, I know.

At least she kept the wings. That little detail I would never forget.

“Guess so,” I said, far more flippantly than I wished to, if I wished at all. I wasn’t sure it was my intention to speak in the first place. “Feels real to me.”

It did. The brush of her skin was warm the way only another living being’s touch could be. Sweet, too. She still smelt of flowers, though they were gone, much as my own powers.

And those eyes, I didn’t think I’d ever forget those eyes – how could I?

“I’m glad,” I said quietly, brushing her nose with mine. “Glad you’re real,” I clarified, brushing the tears from the rim of those beautiful eyes of her, such beautiful green eyes.

Messages In This Thread
Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-16-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-24-2013, 05:11 PM