the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Don’t,” I said. If it sounded like an order, it was the way most of my words did and I trusted she would not take my brusque manners personally; she should’ve known better, after all. This was who I was – brusque and callous and cold.

Or so I told myself.

The truth was, I was not near as distant as I wished to be. There had been others, like Althea, who came close to meaning – when I knew very well where my meaning was. Part of me expected her to be no different – just out to save Aleksandr Zavulonovich, the sorry bastard who had no life or independent thought of his own.

I had no doubts I was a bastard, in every sense of the word. I was also sure I needed no saving.

Alysanne was a lot like my brother, perhaps why I… cared.

To want does not equal to need.

“Not long,” I told her, because it was true, “I am well, as well as can be,” and this too was true – I could say I was better now she was here with me, and were I someone else, some random charmer, I might. I would also be lying, not that I did not appreciate (and care) for her.

I have no doubt she had several such charmers crawling out of the woodwork, out to catch her; it was the way of mares and stallions. That she chose me was – remarkable. Absurd, too.

There were very few things about her that weren’t remarkable, though.

“What about you? How come you found this place? Where’s your sister?”

We’d left before it ended – before everything went belly up – and whatever fates smiled down on her survival, I was entirely too glad she was here.

I did not tell her as much; but my shoulder brushed hers, nose to her mane, and I hoped that was enough.

Messages In This Thread
Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-16-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Tundra dreams (I have no imagination) - Alysanne - by Aleksandr - 11-24-2013, 05:11 PM