the Rift

[OPEN] a letter.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

It had been an ordinary day.

The sun had risen. Typical of Tallsun for the Dragon's Throat, the heat began early and grew more intense. The illusory waves it created danced upon the sands, the wind stirring out farther North. The smell of salt, the tang in the air, the call of birds from the Oasis. Everything seemed absolutely normal. Nothing had changed, not even my attitude. I was still the same bitch I was the day before. I was brave and stubborn and loyal.

That is why I never expected such a thing to occur.

The sound of large wings, like the masts of ships battering against the air. Leather wings, like overgrown bats. My dark eyes caught the sky, the pale blue dotted with the surprisingly large figures that I recognized. My brow furrowed in surprise and worry, for these are friends I never expected to encounter again. Along my travels after the cataclysm of Isilme, I had encountered a strange people. Locked away in the peaks of mountains, large as trees and stern as bulls, the leathery pegasi lived. They had been a peaceful tribe at the time, but from the speed and haste at which they were flying, I doubted peace had lasted long.

Stepping out into the open space, I let loose a call into the wind, the sound a whistle amplified by my magic. The ears of my friends catch against it, and down they descend. The odd flight patterns of their kind familiar to me, but just as mind boggling. As they grow closer, I realize from the gemstone toned bodies of emerald and teal that these fellows are Arrnid and Cass, a pair of guards I had spent much time with during my stay. "Resolute!" they call forward, landing with massive waves of red sand flying. I clear it with a wave of wind, looking toward them with curiosity. The pair walk toward me, towering over my body by feet, not inches. "What brings you fellows so far from your mountains?"

What else would? War.

I won't try to explain nor justify my next few actions. I owed the kingdom they hailed from many graces. They were the ones who built me back into a living entity after the loss of my daughter, my home. They spoke of Helovia originally, led me the way here. Without thought or hesitation, I immediately agree to come to the aid of my giant friends. They needed wind power, and who am I to deny any my gifts with the wind?

We ascended, leaving nothing but my hoof prints behind in the sand. Soon enough, those too would disappear.
If I knew then what would await me in the far away peaks of their homes, I might not have left. As it is now, my friends, I am sorry.
And goodbye.

Messages In This Thread
a letter. - by Kri - 11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: a letter. - by Gaucho - 11-02-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: a letter. - by Africa - 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: a letter. - by Midas - 11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: a letter. - by Shadow - 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: a letter. - by Levi - 11-04-2013, 03:43 PM