the Rift

[OPEN] Do you see what I see? [Report Re: Sanctuary]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

At the mention of night, Africa turned her large yellow-brown eyes towards the sky. It was true, the sky was a deeper, much dimmer shade of twilight blue and the sun was setting into the distant western horizon- the vast black wash of churning ocean, which neighboured her desert home on three sides. She could spot no stars thought as she gazed through the arc which once had welcomed her passage, and so her attention refocused on Midas as he continued.
She thought secretly, as she watched the curl of his speaking lips that a seriousness had slipped into his character, and couldn’t help but wonder what that new weight across his winged shoulders was- the burden of his military title, the family he never spoke about, his herd and his home. A faint smile drifted across her façade as she marvelled at his ability to shield them all from the troubles which quite evidently cloaked him; a caring and sensitive flicker of sentiment.

Africa nodded at the black and white stallion’s request, though as she leaned to turn and conform he caught her with a second glance. Quickly she steadied herself back in place, ruffling the lonely wing by her right side, and lifting it casually to rest athwart the puddles canvasing her hips, exposing the pink lightly dressed skin beneath. Shadow spoke quickly while they lingered also, mentioning that a selection of well positioned sentries might be wise and Africa found herself nodding with a sudden burst of passion- to her, there was little more unsettling than the horned monsters of the north.

Midas spoke soon after the black mare and Africa’s ears switched to his direction, long and heavy; falling forward with little grace in their normal fashion. “Indeed, I will accompany you. ” She replied with careful enthusiasm, looking to both Gaucho and Shadow respectively, courteously. Perhaps she was a fool for agreeing to weigh down their expedition; selfish and cruel to those born to soar without the shackles of gravity. There was reason for her invitation though obviously, and Africa shifted the bulk of her weight left, imagining that it might be for her recent underground travels; her experience and skills in that department. The dappled mare would not be a bother- she nodded firmly to herself; she could travel with swiftness to rival of any other of her Pegasus kin.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you see what I see? [Report Re: Sanctuary] - by Ilacta - 11-02-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Do you see what I see? [Report Re: Sanctuary] - by Africa - 11-12-2013, 09:58 PM