the Rift

[OPEN] ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Her smile was an absolute relief to my sore eyes, and I found myself unable to hide the smile turning up the corners of my mouth. I might have shrank back at her next words if not for the voice that remained so gentle, and for a moment I remained silent as I watched her turn her head and gaze back out across the vast expanse of ocean. Doing the same, I exhaled a steady breath, ever thankful that it seemed I had for once found benign company. "It is," I offered after her comment, for these sandy shores truly were relaxing for my ever tense nerves and forever racing mind. In the future, I would have to be sure to come here more often rather than the looming fields above my Foothills home that brought me so close to the disconnected Heavens.

As I struggled to conjure some mutual subject in which to speak of, the blue-marred mare beat me to it, proclaiming her feelings of hope at watching the ocean and the shore forever clashing. My lips pursed as I surveyed the undulating waves lapping at our hooves, pulling in a brigade of sand with each one produced. In some places, however, the foamy water became trapped upon the shore, be it on the rocks or in the shallow dimples of sand where crabs and turtles often wallowed. It seemed to ring true that they would always be warring against one another, their forces always even with the other.

"But why?" I spoke up at last, turning my head to finally rest my eyes upon the shorter winged mare, "Why does it give you hope, I mean? If something as big as the ocean and the shore will spend an eternity fighting, how are we, who are so small in comparison, supposed to ever win anything?" An unsettling began in my chest, and I released yet another slow, steady breath. "I don't want to live like that."

"talk."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Ampere - 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: ceaseless motion [Mesec or Destrier] - by Mesec - 11-08-2013, 08:40 PM