the Rift

[OPEN] we'll be counting stars [any; acceptance/welcoming?]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
As the darkness of night settled over the land, Miykael was amazed at how warm it remained. The air here is thick, heavy with moisture - though, part of that is certainly due to the nearness of the coast. He could hear the sloshing and crashing of the waves from here - though they are softer tonight; faint. Perhaps more noticeable is the crackling of the fire on the other side of the glass wall. He waited out of politeness and respect - as he always did and always would do; waited by the obviously defined boundaries despite the fact that he had received an invitation. Miykael had never found any reason to be rude and likely never would; he is, in truth, all kindness.

Even death could not change his heart.

When the sun disappeared and the moon, ever graceful as she was, cast a dim glow across the night sky - he found himself still alone. Miykael stands in the silence - patience coursing strong throughout his mind and body - and after another quick glance around him he shifts his gaze to the clear night sky. Here the stars seem brighter. Here the land seems more pure - more pure than Nocturne, at least. Oh.. Nocturne. That wretched place. In his determination to find Alysanne he had forgotten about where he had come from - forgotten his children, the few friends he'd found, and he'd forgotten his initial purpose (to protect the earthly creatures from the demons). Had that not all disappeared when he left Nocturne? His children were still there, that much could not be undone. The reach of the demons had not gone outside of Nocturne or so it appeared.

His solitude, however, did not last long. Though he had been lost in his thoughts, his ears were still alert and tuned in to any changes in his immediate environment. The thudding of hooves against the ground - soft and faint at first though growing louder and more distinct - lifted him from his thoughts and launching him back to reality. Lowering his gaze once again to look through the gap in the wall, waiting for the other to appear. The hoof-steps grew louder then slower before they stopped completely and within moments he saw her - peeking cautiously around the wall. He smiles when he sees her, practically glowing with his typically friendly nature. Even in the darkness she reminded him of Aly; only this one is darker with more black than white and her eyes are blue.

"Hi there!" his voice, though deep and tinged with a hint of a brogue, is sensual and warm. "I'm sorry if I've disturbed you. I decided to explore a bit before arriving and lost track of time." he adds with a sheepish grin. He sensed a bit of her fear and hoped he could set her at ease. "I'm Miykael and it's a pleasure to meet you, Kahlua. I met a stallion named Xanthos in the Threshold; he invited me here." he explains, his blue eyes light and sparkling in this moonlit night. Miykael falls silent then, waiting ever-so-patiently for her response.

m i y k a e l
your eyes, they shine so bright; i wanna save that light

image credits

@[Kahlua]
I am so sorry for the delay in reply. D:
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: we'll be counting stars [any; acceptance/welcoming?] - by Miykael - 11-21-2013, 02:21 PM