the Rift

A nonsensical Journey open

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The filly and young colt appeared to follow their humble guide obligingly as she led them away from the Threshold and the chorus of bustling activity therein. Perhaps it was they who struck lucky when Africa had stumbled upon their meeting; or maybe it was she who was now all the richer for meeting two such genuine and aspiring children, who she imagined would thrive and blossom into fully fledged students of Dragon's Throat in due time. The dappled mare had already sworn her allegiance to the effervescent pair, whether they understood such commitment or not, and she would stand by them for the length of her life- as long as they never harmed the bond which was now so tightly tied upon them.

She listened with a deep, dutiful respect to the somewhat entertaining ramblings of the sweet, easily distracted buckskin filly, a patient smile curling into her relaxed maw. The girl was an unusual sort, certainly not marred by fate's cruel hand at this point- her innocence and blissful appreciation of the world around her (or the trees), was brilliantly refreshing, and Africa more than enjoyed her bubbly company. She thought as the conversation moved rather rapidly along, that Luz might find the oasis to be exceptionally exciting. The flourishing centre of the brutal desert territory was thick with well-nourished flora; most of which could not be found in any other place. Although harsh in so many ways, once adapted, any could prosper in the magical sanctuary- and always there would be family to support the newly joined as they settled in.

Dust too followed along cheerfully, like a breath of fresh air; clean and pure, when the day cursed heat and sticky, heavy humidity upon their weary shoulders. The little Pegasus seemed to relate a little more easily to Africa- she thought, glancing back to smile affectionately in his direction. Perhaps it was that somewhere back through the pages of history their blood had been bound together, and so their spirits and hearts. Regardless, Africa felt an indescribable closeness to the colt which warmed her to the core. Apparently Luz held some deep appreciation for his easy-going stride also; she seemed to fizz and froth in his company, as though an aura of contagious confidence clung about his tiny body as an invisible aura. The dappled mare was pleased that they seemed so easily to click. Life would be harder for the filly, and she might need his friendship more than ever- she was without flight; her hooves bound to any surface lying in her path, and the desert was unforgiving for those bound by gravity. Africa knew this. At least she would find luxury in the Throat's heart beyond any other realm's capacity in Helovia. It was paradise in disguise, and others who were wingless had survived.

Luz tripped suddenly, and Africa's heart skipped as it lurched forward with the clumsy girl before she caught herself. "Are you alright?" the mare smiled soothingly, pausing their journey so that the gangly-legged filly could right herself accordingly.
When she was certain that Luz was alright, and ready to continue, the one-winged mare lead them on, and soon enough they were nearing the southern perimeter of the forest. "Would you both like to return with me to Dragon's Throat now? To see if my home suits your needs?" Of course it was no contract they were signing, no pledge which sacrificed their future to the grizzly hands of a tyrant ruler- no, both would be welcome to leave if they found no satisfaction there. But alternatively, if they chose to remain and grow into the family, they would be embraced and cherished; guided to exceed even, their full potential.
Enduringly, Africa waited to hear each response. Should they agree to come, they dapple grey would turn that way immediately and present to them their home; if not, she would divert right, and travel east to rest in the comfortable shade of the Deep Forest while they played in the vast natural wilderness.

After Luz and Dust had spoken, Africa began again to walk, this time turning to Dust though. "It is your turn now. Tell me everything about yourself, your hopes and your dreams." There was so much information pooling across the tongue of the one-winged mare, though she held it for now- plenty of time for lessons and adventure would follow should they seize Africa's offer.

OOC: In your replies, let Af know that they do or do not want to go to the Throat. If yes I will organise for your ranks to be updated to Dragon's Throat (-as an ooc note, let me know if you want be a ‘foal', pupil, soldier or citizen and that is what I will ask for ^_^). If not, I will organise your rank to be updated to Outcast.

If either of you don't want to go to the Throat I will put a post up, in the Deep Forest to continue their thread for however long you want. Hope that all made sense!

For @[Luz] & @[Dust] <3

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-03-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-04-2013, 03:10 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Luz - 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Dust - 11-07-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: A nonsensical Journey open - by Africa - 11-07-2013, 09:57 PM