the Rift

[OPEN] There are monsters here.

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

& IF THE MEN IN WHITE COATS ARE COMING
I KNOW YOU WILL STILL BE THERE FOR ME
TO CHASE DOWN THE WOLVES AROUND US..

It was time for Giselle to return back to the Basin, back to the reign of her sister. It was time for them both to take the glory; it was time for them to finally wage the war on the skyrats. Nasty, dirty, repugnant sky dwellers, they needed to be eradicated. She had lost her way for a while, and had decided to take some time out to find herself. It disgusted her really, this show of weakness, her lack of conviction, but for whatever reason, she had needed it. But now she was back, and more ready than ever to stand by her sisters’ side and fight. After all, family was everything; blood ran thicker than water and all that.

If she was honest, she had waited far too long to uphold her fathers’ legacy, she had sworn to him that his wishes would be carried out and yet it still hadn’t happened, or even come close. Perhaps Pysche had gone ahead without her during her absence, which would piss her off, as she would have missed all the action, she would have missed the glory. But she would be proud of Pysche and where honour was due, she would give it.

She pushed on through the lands of Helovia, picking up speed as she approached the basin. She was excited, yet a little apprehensive of what and who would greet her and how they would treat her return, for was she technically a deserter, and she knew how she would treat someone who had deserted their family and their cause. She could only hope her sister would have a little more mercy. If not, she would just have to prove how true she was to the Basin and its mission, or she would just have to take what was coming to her. Either way, she was ready for her consequences.

Besides, her bloodlust was raging. On her travels she had only found a few scrawny equines to feed her cravings, and they had barely touched the sides. She needed some real blood spill, a physical kill, only a skyrat would sate her right now. She could only hope the Basin still held true, still had the same morals, the same belief system that they had when she had deserted them.

Finally, she crossed the border into her homeland. But wait, there was something wrong here. The scent of her sister, the Empress, was seriously weak. It was barely tangible, like she hadn’t been here in weeks. This wasn’t right, what had happened here? Had Psyche been usurped? That couldn’t be. She was surely just out on a mission, perhaps infiltrating into the sky dwellers herdlands. That had to be what was going on. There was no other explanation.

She decided to make her presence known. She had to take the risk to find out what was going on. She just had to hope that she didn’t have to pay too much of a price for her abandonment. She shouldn’t have to, she was sister to the Empress after all, and a warrior for the Basin in her own right.
She stomped her hooves in impatience and let her lyrics twist their way through the air;
“Good Morning, all you Basiners. I am sorry that I absconded from our ranks. But I am back now, and would very much like to see my sister, our Empress. I would like to know what has happened during my absence. Is there anyone who can point me in her direction?” That should get her what she wanted. She waited impatiently for someone to tell her what on earth was going on here, and where her sister was.

" "
615 words.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
There are monsters here. - by Giselle - 11-03-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Deimos - 11-03-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Giselle - 11-03-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: There are monsters here. - by Deimos - 11-03-2013, 02:42 PM