the Rift

The End Is Where I Begin

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

sometimes tears say all there is to say</style>

I had been running for so long. My mind was weary, my feet sore, my muscles aching -- would I ever find my home again?

The question was one that constantly nagged at my mind. On some nights, I selfishly wondered if my family and friends even cared that I had been gone much too long on my last assignment. Did they miss me? Had they gone looking for me at all, or had they assumed the worst and let it stay at that? Although my head knew better, it felt as if a knife had been plunged into my heart every time I thought of the ones I loved back in Ossic Briar. No matter what they currently thought of me, I only wished to see them again, to go home, but as I carried myself into a grand forest of oaks and redwoods, I could only imagine that I was walking further and further from where I really wanted to go.

Slowing my already torpid steps, I took a moment to take in my surroundings. Up ahead was a cluster of short trees dressed in white flowers; I knew instantly that they were Flossweed, which I would need to keep an eye out for due to their poisonous nature; but other than that, it seemed a generally normal place. The sun blazed hot in the sky, causing the bags laying across my bag to warm and put a hasty sweat beneath them, but it was difficult for its rays to penetrate the thick canopy in some places. The chittering and singing of fauna brought the forest to life, and it was a largely welcome change to my mostly quiet venture. Through a deep inhale and then exhale, I was plenty aware that I was probably wasn't alone here. The scent of other equids was thick here, and if I was completely true to myself, the thought caused a bustle of joy to stir within my chest.

Suddenly feeling renewed with vigor, I continued forward at a brisk pace, my eyes filled with a spark that had been omitted for longer than I cared to admit. "Hello?" I spoke up, my voice nearly breaking at its lack of use. "Please, if anybody is here -- I mean no harm. I merely wish to be pointed in the right direction of home." I felt silly talking when nobody was even here, and any other time, I might have laughed audibly at myself; but today, I was only eager to find out where I was, and if I could be assisted.

talk

Messages In This Thread
The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-06-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-10-2013, 01:07 AM