the Rift

The End Is Where I Begin

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

sometimes tears say all there is to say</style>

Shortly after breaking the silence around me, the sound of another could be heard from just ahead. A flicker of worry grew within my chest, but it quickly faded away when the approaching steps were accompanied by a soft nicker. Continuing my own steps a few paces more before once again coming to a stop, my eyes found the form of another; cloaked with a grey pelt and situated atop stilted legs, this stallion was a giant in my standards, but the gentle tone of his voice and the genuine look in his eyes assured me that there was nothing for me to fear. What captivated me most about the other was not his great height nor his gracious demeanor, but the horn that adorned his forehead.

As I had never seen a unicorn before in my life -- I didn't even know they existed -- I surely looked a fool, and was quite thankful when another voice came from nowhere and snapped me from my silent gawking.

Turning my head, I found myself looking upon another equine standing just above my own height. Her words were quick and simple, and sent a shiver down my spine. Was it really too late to go back home...? She claimed that this place was called Helovia, which I was certain I had never heard of before, and suddenly I found myself deflating. I wasn't sure how long I stood there in silence, simply trying to piece together the thought of never seeing my home again, but with a sharp inhale I soon came back to reality.

"Oh," I said almost breathlessly, then lifted my gaze to flicker back and forth between stallion and mare, forcing a smile to my lips. I wasn't sure who to address first, so for now, I spoke in general. "It's a pleasure to meet you both; I am Finn of Ossic Briar, though if neither of you know where that is..." Another melancholy exhale threatened to escape, but I resisted and kept my head lifted as I considered the possibilities that might be within this new land. Time was what I needed to clear my head and make a solid decision of what to do, but standing before these two, I would have to do so later.

"What can you tell me about this... Helovia?" I asked, eyes going from Ciceron to the young, stoic looking grullo, then back and forth once more. Whether my stay would remain temporary or permanent, I hadn't the slightest, but why not give this place a try until I figured out what to do?

talk

Messages In This Thread
The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Finn - 11-06-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Ciceron - 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: The End Is Where I Begin - by Colt - 11-10-2013, 01:07 AM