the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Once again the orange mare was alone. It was something she had prepared herself for, though she'd had hopes that Validino wouldn't do to her what everyone else in her life had done, but he was gone. Evangeline had not been as prepared for it as she thought she had been because when he disappeared she had been crushed. She had trusted him and that trust had been torn to pieces right before her very eyes.

Having no where else to go Evangeline decided to return to Helovia and take up the search for her closest friend once more. She could only hope that Roanne was still calling Helovia home and that they could find one another again. Before her loomed the very forest that she had run in to so many seasons ago when Isilme had been overrun by the dead and forced them all out. Her heart did a funny pitter-patter in her chest at the thought of Isilme. She thought of the forest that had been her home. Of Ricochet and that cocky grin that was always on his face. Roanne and his odd way of speaking. The grumpy Tome Guardian and his love of apples.

Tallis chirped as he circled overhead and looked down at the mare he had bonded to, heart and soul. Gradually his altitude diminished and she soon felt the pinprick of his claws as he landed upon her back. "You must move on." He said and Evangeline nodded her head because she knew that he was right. She had to leave Isilme and its devastation behind if she wanted to find even a touch of happiness in her life. But every time she was happy something happened to take it away. "Don't think that." Tallis replied as he smoothed his clawed feet over Eva's withers.

Evangeline stood there and stared at the forest for several more minutes before she finally moved past the treeline and into Helovia's Threshold. Her emerald eyes scanned the trees and the treetops as she walked and she felt a little bit lighter. It reminded her of the Woodlands that she had led up until Isilme's fall. Tallis chirped at her and she altered her train of thoughts away from Isilme and when she did so the orange dragon settled himself on his bonded's back, his clawed feet hanging off either side of her barrel. His black eyes closed and he began to snooze, lulled by the smooth movement of the mare's steps.

As she walked Evangeline wondered if Roanne would be the one to find her in the forest. It would be the total opposite of Isilme, where she had found him with his face pressed against a tree because he was lost and couldn't find his way. "Mim." His voice echoed in her mind and she felt her heart flutter. Ever silent, the mare pressed on, hoping that the one she sought most would be the one to find her wandering the Threshold, and not knowing that there would never be a reunion for the two of them.

[open to anyone :D]

Messages In This Thread
everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-15-2013, 12:28 AM