the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The Threshold had never been among his favorite places. It was an area of much activity where strangers came and went with their own agendas, it was impossible to relax and even harder to maintain the necessary vigil to keep him safe.

It was a good thing that they were two about it. With the eyes of the dragon scouting the area from above and himself keeping track of what happened beneath the canopy it was hard to get ambushed, even harder to avoid seeing newcomers - and positively impossible to stay away from the sound of trouble. Why was it that raised voices always attracted him, drew him in like a moth to fire? It had to be a sickness, a mental deformity that made him prone to sticking the charcoal nose where it didn't belong. This peculiar instinct made him veer off his original path and head for the direction of the racket; part amused, part annoyed at the thoughtless idiots that didn't know to keep themselves unnoticed.

With all the ruckus it was a small task to bring himself in close without being seen. The silver stallion was able to listen in to almost the entire conversation, finding himself increasingly astonished by the topic of the heated argument for each crackling word. Finally he found himself unable to keep quiet, and on quiet hooves he approached the group from behind the black pegasus, for once releasing the normally so tight grip on his own powers. A branch of a nearby tree flung out seemingly from nowhere, a leafy tip whipping down to smack the loud young mare on the backside;

"Be quiet, all of you" Lace said sternly and stepped in with ears ticked backwards, glimmering white tail thrashing in irritation around the hocks. "Are you trying to draw misfortune over yourselves? Keep your voices down, if you know what's good for you."

Golden eyes gleamed in the partial light of the clearing as the silver steed let his gaze roam over the gathered mares, taking note of their appearances one by one. Kahlua received a recognizing nod before his attention was passed over to the pegasus, a moments silence carrying the full weight of his seriousness before he spoke again, neck arched and legs merged with the ground as steadily as a rock.

"I don't know why you dislike the notion of a bond to this degree, but it is clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about. Obviously you know nothing of what it means to share your mind with another, or you wouldn't speak like you do. I don't care why this matter is so sensitive to you, no do I intend to discuss the matter further. It would be wise, however, if you refrained from persecuting those who have chosen to share their lifetime with another being. It will get you nowhere, and not all might be so patient as this young mare here."

As if to hammer down his point a gleaming shard of sunlight fell from the bright day beyond the treetops, glittering white scales almost blindingly white as Fajira fell from the sky, mouth open in a growl and fire licking the jaws as she issued her warning to the insolent child below. Swooping in a low arch above the heads of the horses the White then swooped back into the air and began to circle the group from above; part keeping an eye on the situation, part eying the unfamiliar fire-colored dragon with keen interest.

"If you truly cannot let the matter rest" the knight continued, "I suggest turning to the gods with the matter. Surely Father Earth will be willing to explain the concept to you, since you clearly have misunderstood something."

With that he turned turned away from the hot-headed filly in a dismissive manner, moving the attention instead towards the chestnut mare who had been the target of the hostility.
"Welcome to Helovia, stranger" he said, allowing the voice to soften slightly. "I am Lace of the World's Edge, herdmate of Kahlua... and Brisa" he added after a moment of thought; she wasn't familiar to him, but her scent was that of salt and mist, the same that clung to his own skin - must be a new recruit then. "What brings you to this part of the world?"

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM