the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

The pegasus just kept on and on and it began to dawn on Evangeline that the foolish girl just didn't know when to stop. "And how do you know what age I was when we bonded?" The fiery orange mare demanded. "Do not proceed to act as if you know me because you know nothing about me." How long had it been since she'd been so angry with someone? "Before the shades." Tallis piped up. "Roanne and Giselle." Evangeline's ears snapped back at the thought of her closest friend and the mare he so blindly and foolishly wanted to believe was good when she was anything but.

She then proceeded to twist everything that Evangeline had said so that it sounded as if the mare was blaming the bond she shared with Tallis solely on him. Was there anyone really to blame for something as special as a bond shared with another soul? Evangeline knew at this point that the pegasus truly didn't understand what she was preaching about if she thought there was anyone at all to blame and it quelled the anger that had bubbled within Eva's heart. She felt pity for Ampere because she would never have and understand something as beautiful as a bond with another living creature. She would never understand or know just how much love was shared by those that were bonded.

Two other mares chose that very moment to arrive and Evangeline was thankful that they chose that particular moment. She looked from one to the other, offering each a half smile, but before she could answer their questions or thank the mare that called herself Kahlua, Ampere spoke again:

"You should kill yourself, at least then he might have a chance to survive alone, and if not, death would be a kinder fate than eternal imprisonment in your rotten soul, you selfish bitch."

It was the final straw for the orange dragon who had been warning and tolerating Ampere's disrespect to the best of his abilities. His head turned, maw opened, and fire billowed forth, licking at the grass and shrubs close to where Ampere stood on her soapbox preaching to anyone who would listen. The dragon's fire was cut short and he took to the air as a stallion stepped onto the scene, ordering them all to be quiet.

Evangeline turned and looked at the stallion, eyes narrowing in recognition because she knew immediately that she had seen him somewhere before but couldn't place where. Maybe it was just in passing, she thought as he began his own spiel, which she thought would just fall on deaf ears. Her head then lifted and she looked up to the branches overhead where Tallis had settled himself, his tail flicking back and forth in irritation much like a cat's would.

"Calm down." She told him, to which his answer was a growl. "You know you cannot go around trying to burn everyone that makes you angry, Tallis." The dragon huffed and glared down at Ampere from his perch in the trees. She felt bad that she had let her emotions flare and affect the both of them as they had, but some things were uncontrollable. "She's dumb." Tallis replied hotly and Evangeline smiled at him. "You can't burn her because she's dumb. It doesn't work like that." The dragon huffed again then turned his attention to the white dragon who was circling.

By this point the stallion had finished his speech to Ampere and was introducing himself as Lace of the World's Edge. "Lace?" Evangeline repeated. She took a moment to consider the two mares again, nodding to both of them and offering them each a 'hello' before she looked at Lace again. "Lace ... from the Woodlands?" If he were the same Lace he would know what she was talking about and she found herself hoping that she'd found one of her own.

Messages In This Thread
everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-06-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-15-2013, 12:28 AM