the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

Flames rushed forward in a wash of heat and light. Fire.
It was all her mind saw, all her thoughts knew to scream.

Fire.
FIRE.
F I R E.

Ampere's head shot back, her already outstretched wings catching her abruptly shifting balance, but even so she stumbled back a step or two. Reflexively she protected herself, both in shying away to shield her body but also in exploding a nearby shrub into an electrical ball of energy. It hurtled towards Evangeline's right side as Ampere windmilled, catching herself just as a thwack resounded on her neck.

Wide-eyed she spun backwards, teeth snapping at the air in her furious confusion and more foliage transitioned into blue arcs of angry voltage, hissing and sizzling at anything nearby before dissipating.

Though the dragon fire did not extend far enough to even sizzle her whiskers, and the tree branch would fail to leave a bruise she'd even remember by nightfall, Ampere's muscles had already been wound tightly and she always came out swinging.
Later, in the hours when this memory would creep into her mind, she would acknowledge that this mare had been merciful. Ampere could not say the same for herself in switched positions.
Burn the witch!

In this chaos Ampere did manage to pull herself together, recognizing an absence of continued attack or pain. Like a shy bird, her mind reprimanded, blue eyes coasting over the assembled group with a certain sadness now that the wave of humiliation had washed away the rage. Most everyone was lecturing or shouting at her now, nothing new really, but she barely heard them over the roar of her own conscious.

They won't even try to listen, she keened, glancing between the orange mare and the new silver stallion. Whatever bits of his voice she caught she dismissed. He told her she lacked understanding? He should take his own advice, both of them should. They assumed her wrong but never took a moment to consider their wrongs. Why should they? They were bonded after all, and they liked it. How dare she knock on that comfortable cocoon and try to make them realize any other life beyond the warm husk of denial.

"This is pointless," she bit out in-between all the speeches, her live wire eyes alight with disappointment and hurt. Would none of them listen? Were her words so hard to take?
Perhaps if Ampere knew anything about public relations she's consider a different method of delivery, but she only knew what the wilderness had taught her. There, no silver pools exist for coating your tongue. there is only birdsong, each trying to outmatch the other.

Ampere would keep singing until someone finally listened to the song.

Her wings, during this time, had returned to slapping the air and finally she was grabbing the lift she needed. With a final kick of her hind feet she sped into the crowded air ways of the forest, seeking out a low tree branch to hop on and off and so on until the clouds swallowed her up.
"All you've said to me, digest yourselves. You may not know everything you think you do."

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
everything that downs me [open] - by Evangeline - 11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-05-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Brisa - 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Ampere - 11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: everything that downs me [open] - by Lace - 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM