the Rift

everything that downs me [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

For a moment the stallion remained still as a statue as the mind processed this bit of information. Only the slightly ragged breathing revealed that everything was not as well as it could have been with him; nostrils quivered for each breath, the heaving of the sides strained, much too wide for the feeble amount of air he was able to take in. Were they punctured, a part of him wondered as he regarded Evangeline thoughtfully, golden eyes staring into green as if he would be able to see her memories that way and thus find out exactly what she had heard.

Eventually though the stallion sighed, a soft exhale that turned into a hacking cough. The white dragon warbled soothingly and lowered herself down onto his whithers, taloned feet resting with practiced ease on the sloping shoulders with wings half spread as a raspy, pink tongue began to groom the gold-dusted coat.

"I'm fine" the grullo murmured, clearing the voice once more as he offered Kahlua a reassuring look; he could manage on his own four feet, but her silent offer was noted and appreciated none the less. A dark, cobwebbed nose reached out to brush against her neck momentarily, before the attention was passed onwards to the gray girl. Lace hadn't had time to pay her much attention in all the chaos, but according to Fajira she had seemed both startled and angry and fearful, in a jumble of emotion that made the White snort inwardly in apprehension. A skittish and shy person then, whom he knew only too little about; it was hard to think that they were members of the same herd, yet he had only learned of her name today.

"Remedy, or leave it" the dragoness whispered through the bond; Lace grunted quietly and offered the chestnut mare a nod, quietly approving of Brisa's invitation.

"Whether you choose to follow us home or not, I suggest we move on from here" he added, gaze sweeping the area as he raised the neck higher. "We've created far too much noise, and I'm in no condition to fend off a pack of wolves."

That canines or wild cats likely wouldn't be the only thing coming after them the stallion left unsaid. There was no point in riling the mares up unnecessarily - the chance of them having scared off any wildlife in a miles radius was just as likely, but years on the road had made the seasoned veteran cautious, on the brink of paranoia.

"Come... Let's go." Making a mental note to find the dragon-bonded girl later for a chat the stallion turned and began to walk, choosing a slithering path towards the east; the pace was steady, slow yet ground covering. With a bit of luck they would reach the Edge in a few days time; hopefully his lungs would have recovered by then, and this whole incident would have faded to the back of his mind, not to resurface again until much, much later...

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread