the Rift

[OPEN] and a moon that's the color of bone;

Gabriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Afraid of decision, I buried my finer feelings in the depths of my heart and they died there."

For the six years of his life thus far, Gabriel had got by on constant readiness, on not letting anything surprise him. But here, in the half-dark of the forest, in the gloomy golden light filtering through the trees, standing with a stranger and an almost-stranger, he did not expect Ranjiri to say she knew his north star.

“You – know him?” and then, on the heels of it, “Thistle Meadow?” He marked it mentally, adding it to his list of places to go. It sounded like the kind of place Kostya would be – remote and lovely. Gabriel shook his head, clearing off what was almost certainly a rare thunderstruck expression, and laughed. It was so unlikely, here of all places, and yet...

“I can't even be surprised we all know at least one of the twins,” he mused. “They're both very...magnetic.” There were a thousand other things he could say, of course; he thought of all the paramours Kostya had, several queens among them and some he was sure he knew nothing of. Sasha was less familiar territory to the red stallion, but he'd traveled alongside them both long enough to know they had the same almost supernatural draw.

Funny old world.

Gabriel was even less surprised, then, when Aly said she knew them, too – and that finally helped him place her. So they had been herd-mates; well, that just went to show how piss-poor he was at being a part of any group larger than three. He could hear the uncertainty behind what she said, the way there was something more between her and Sasha – and he accepted that, too. That would always be the case, between the twins and those that loved them.

He smiled at Ranji's offer, following her glance to Aly and offering the paint a nod. Gabriel wasn't intending to let go of his new connection to the twins and Ferraden, not this soon after finding her. He was glad when she spoke up, and looked back at the native Helovian with coffee-dark eyes.

“We'd love for you to be our guide,” he told the yearling with a smile. “Should we start by getting out of this forest?”

A part of him wanted to remain among these trees. Where at first it had seemed ominous, threatening, now it seemed like an almost enchanted place.

@[Alysanne] @[Ranjiri]

ooc/ sorry that took so long and is so bleh! I blame work the past several days. We can start a new thread elsewhere if you like, or continue here :]

gabriel

Messages In This Thread
and a moon that's the color of bone; - by Gabriel - 11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: and a moon that's the color of bone; - by Gabriel - 11-07-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: and a moon that's the color of bone; - by Gabriel - 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: and a moon that's the color of bone; - by Gabriel - 11-17-2013, 10:23 AM