the Rift

[OPEN] heart of fire

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
I'd rather kiss the ground than kiss a starless sky
Sacre bared Kali's gaze, perhaps he deserved to not be trustworthy, he had after all lost his temper back in the Edge. Yet, was it his fault? Taken away from his home and thrust into a land he knew nothing of to be watched by a mare he'd never met before whilst his family went to war? How else was he supposed to react? Sacre tried to find justice in his reaction, he didn't feel he'd earned this griffon's cold stares, but he received them none the less and there was nothing for him to do accept swallow his nerves and endure it. Maybe this would teach him a lesson to keep his emotions more in check next time, that the world wasn't so forgiving on young minds and the effects afterwards were not great.

His attention returned to Tandavi, part of his mind still concerned over her well-being after the ordeal with the exploding fire. She still seemed okay, but Sacre wasn't about to run off and leave her without first checking she was still fine. It was, however, her reaction that surprised him next. Mother? Mother! Rishima was Tandavi's mother! All at once Sacre felt a series of emotion, regret, confusion... How could he explain this now?! How could he tell Tandavi what her mother had been up to without being heartless, how could she not know?! His heart was torn two ways, there was no going back on the words he'd already said now, no chance of lying to protect precious Tandavi. The only thing to do was to keep going forwards and all of a sudden the colt felt quite alone in the world.

"I'm sorry I didn't know she was your mother" he quietly admitted, not knowing why he was apologizing, it just felt like the right thing to do. "But it's true! I was captured along with my twin brother and my mother, Rishima was my guard. I lived in the Worlds Edge for almost a full season." He looked to Kali with a pleading expression then looked to Lace with the same gaze, surely they would back up his story. His heart was pounding and he swallowed back the sickening feeling. How unfair the world was!

She flies away from him as he steps towards her and he gasps when she stumbles, instinctively he moves forward again in a moment that felt like time had slowed down. A little fire sun like the ones from before forms near her back and Sacre felt his stomach churn and his heart rise to his mouth. There was nothing he could do, but oh how he wished he could! Instead he shouted, a mournful cry in a futile attempt. "Tandavi look out!" He screams as he lunges for the sun as if he could just bat it away.
image credits

@[Lace] @[Tandavi]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
heart of fire - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: heart of fire - by Tandavi - 11-29-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: heart of fire - by Sacre - 12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: heart of fire - by Lace - 12-02-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: heart of fire - by Tandavi - 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM