the Rift

[OPEN] enlighten me

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade
But with the beast inside, there's no where we can hide

Come on let's go. The longer we linger, the harder it will be to leave. The dull, uninspired voice filled the mind of his hellish companion who turned hungry aureate eyes upon his commander and nodded his head, Sir! With that, the hound bounded off at a fast loping pace, navigating the icy patches that lay in shadows with a graceful ease. Aramis always took the lead, d'Artagnan followed, placing his trust in his guard that he had made sure the path ahead was free of complications. The now former Mender had already said his goodbyes, severed the strings that tied him to the basin and was now finally making his way up the narrow path and out onto the Steppe. Of course, only an idiot would believe a few words would be enough to cut all ties to his once snowy domain, there would always be a part of d'Artagnan that felt like it belonged here, felt loyalty and a sense of duty. He just hoped Deimos knew that, should ever it need defending, should ever war litter their paths once again or hell descend upon them, one call to an icy wind and the Nightshade would return with the real meaning of hell. It was the least he could do.

For now his mismatched gaze took in his surroundings, the blank landscape of the once cold tundra was now kissed by Tall Sun's blistering lips. Stout grasses whose hardy souls leant them the strength to see out even the harshest of winters were naked to the blushing embrace, it was quite a sight, the mixture of snow and the greeness of life. d'Artagnan prefered the crunchy underfoot and a duller picture, summer did not agree with him and he did not agree with it, the landscape before him would look much better in two seasons time when death will come calling for the more fragile.

Sighing he set about the task of finding Kou, grimacing at the thought of her reaction to his recent... Life choices. Gingerly, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind, he needed to find her first, even if it took him all the way to the Worlds Edge to do so. The land that rightfully belonged to Mauja and the shade would never view it any other way. Cloven hooves brushed over stubby clumps of stubborn grasses, pools of blue and brown taking on a glowering determination. However, Aramis robbed him of anymore simmering brooding as the hell dog's words pierced his mind, black pelt coming into view as he loped back to his moon scarred friend. Sir! Straight ahead, reptile and crownless! All of the shades senses sharpened to the new information and he squinted through the sun's glare to spot the figures in the distance and cursed. Aramis, watch the sky. Don't make any sudden move until I say so. He ordered, eyeing the dragon like form with a frown of worry. Scales and wings meant fire and smoke, things he learnt to both hate and fear. Sir! The heckles along his companion's back lifted as he stalked forwards, gaze intently watching the white bonded whose appearance was niggling at the back of his mind.

d'Artagnan approached at a walk, feeling the familiar spark light a fire in his stomach at the sight of a true barehead, but the shade felt more than a niggling feeling of recognition. He knew not this stallion's name, but he had seen the pair before, most recently in a bizare fight against an earthly beast that the shade still partly thought a dream. He knew him as far back as the invasion against his former misty home and for his fight against the now Leader and then General Deimos. An enemy by all means and although the bones in his body twitched to fight, he wondered just how much this one knew of Kou and his sons.

Blemished hooves halted a few paces away, lips pressed into a narrow line as eyes attempted to bare down on the spider faced heathen before him. "You're a long way from home"
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
enlighten me - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: enlighten me - by Destry - 11-09-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: enlighten me - by Lace - 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: enlighten me - by Destry - 11-28-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: enlighten me - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 06:53 AM