the Rift

[OPEN] enlighten me

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I lumbered through my home, along, cold as usual. Despite it being the peek of Tallsun, I still shiver in my skin as I creep along the white blank page, the valley left behind as I slide from the cold grasp of the Basin. My feathers twitch and twitter, ruffling them I huff, leaving a cold mist in the air. It fades, a gentle rolling cloud of vapor, destined to be nothing.

Two shadowed figures are far in the distance, and I perk my ears in curiosity, wondering what souls would dare wander into this icy tundra. The two of them hold no wings, this detail coming to me before their actual species. One of them held a bloody coat, his two glass horns near invisible on his brow. The grullo with the golden back had no wings, and he had no horns, he was but a simple equine. I nod my head, but I know all too well what is happening between the studs. Tension and a secret hatred was screaming its name through the air, making itself known. I flick my ruby eyes to the bloody soldier, raising a brow at his words, his voice gruff.

I do not speak, only stand and admire the beautiful pearly white scales of the lizard upon the equine's back. Turning my head I scan over the bloody bay, who I had spotted lumbering through the Basin on occasion. I finally open my lips, words gentle and sweet. "Greetings." I turn and bow my head to the hornless and the horned, a gentle smile on my lips. I treat the two with respect, as I would to any older figure. Reverting my red gaze to the two, I let myself sink back, relaxing.

With my mind at ease, I allow myself to think of my family, of Mother and Azarel, lying together in the Meadow... of Father, teaching me of flight and magic. Even now I could barely grasp the basics of flight, sure, I could fly but it wasn't the prettiest of sights. I flew like a visually impaired goose, wobbling and blind. I snickered, seeing myself in third person for a moment, soaring with an unsteady pattern of flight. Oh Father... if only you were here now.. I sounded like he was dead, but wasn't he? Mother made no mention of him the last we met, and I hadn't spoken to him in nearly a full year. I shake myself from my thoughts of my sire, returning to the present time.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: because idk
word count: 427

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
enlighten me - by Lace - 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: enlighten me - by Destry - 11-09-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: enlighten me - by Lace - 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: enlighten me - by d'Artagnan - 11-27-2013, 07:11 PM