the Rift

[OPEN] enlighten me

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

The bay snorted, and Lace turned an ear backwards in mild annoyance over the bitter words. Why was it that the unicorns always chose to wallow in old griefs, like a pig in dung? Did it bring them pleasure to clutch their wounded pride to their chests, like children protecting a favorite toy?

"Oh, and you do?" he returned, the look of the gilded eyes cooling as his words were beaten down with the flick of a tail. "You look fine to me though. Healthy, strong, all limbs in place... Tell me, unicorn from Aurora Basin, what do you lack in life that you need so badly to take from the rest of us?"

Maybe it had been stupid to think he could have a civilized conversation with one of them. The animosity practically reeked from the blood-coated stallion and as dual-colored eyes turned to the hybrid lass the grullo took a step forward, instinctively wanting to protect the filly. Her words sounded hurt to him, yet tired as if she was used to it; it made the heart of the equine ache, and as he turned to look at her the expression on his face softened.

"There's nothing pitiful about you, child" he assured; a quick glance towards the bay seemed sharp as the lash of a whip in comparison. "To me, he seems the sadder of you; seeing as he is unable to see clearly what is before him. Maybe he never saw the gods up close, or realized how imperfect he is when standing next to one."

There was a gentle tease in the words as he uttered them, some daredevil part of him playing with fire as he tested just how easily provoked this unicorn was. Lace wasn't thirsty for blood or eager to drag his ass into a fight, but at the same time he wasn't about to just stand and listen while a child was insulted before his very eyes. The gaze was direct as he lifted the head higher and watched the other stallion, cool yet unyielding - he wasn't about to be provoked into doing anything stupid. A battle of words would be enough - if this horse was man enough to face him.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread