the Rift

[OPEN] makes me wanna fly [open]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

I learned how to fly.

Yes, you heard me right. I learned how to fly.

Okay, so maybe I wasn't the most graceful at it. Or the most skilled. But I taught myself how to fly. I couldn't even begin to explain just how good it felt to be soaring through the air, racing birds, diving through clouds (which can be pretty cold on the inside), catching drafts that push you up, up, up! For all the fun flying was, though, landing kinda sucked. I still hadn't gotten it down quite yet so most of the time when I landed it was more of a toppling-head-over-heels-falling-flat-on-your-back-and-staring-up-at-the-sun, kind of landing.

Not very graceful, like I said. It was actually kind of embarrassing and, unfortunately, that was exactly how I crash-landed in the Dragon's Throat after spending all day flying around.

It also sucks when your wings get tired, just so you know.

Anyways, I hit the ground and tried to stay on my feet, but like I said I still hadn't quiet gotten it down on how to land, so my butt came up over my head and I did what I'd gotten used to doing. I tucked my head down and pulled my legs up so when I rolled they wouldn't be stuck out in odd ways and go places that they shouldn't go or bend ways they shouldn't bend. When I finally stopped there was a cloud of dust around me and I was flat on my back, my forelegs tucked against my chest, my back legs sticking straight up in the air, and my wings spread out at my sides.

I'd become a professional stunt woman at this point, okay. I perfected the crash-dive-roll.

I hadn't come all the way to the Dragon's Throat to just lay in the sand and dirt, though. So I tucked my wings in and rolled to my side and shoved myself up so I was on my hooves and the world was right side up. Like it should be. I wondered how long it would take for the horses of the Throat to find me, because someone had to have seen me come crashing down, right? I wondered if they heard the boom! when I finally hit the ground.

I sure felt the boom!

I wondered if Daddy would find me before anyone else. He was the reason I'd come out this way, after all. I wanted to tell him that I was going to be adventuring with Ros.

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
makes me wanna fly [open] - by Ranjiri - 11-06-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Gaucho - 11-07-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Midas - 11-07-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Ranjiri - 11-07-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Gaucho - 11-08-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Midas - 11-11-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Gaucho - 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: makes me wanna fly [open] - by Midas - 11-28-2013, 01:03 AM